Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

Collin COWARD didn't waste anytime on his show today to pull an Ashley "FUCK! Why did I say that!" Fox. He said within the first 2 minutes of his show that we have no chance vs the Patriots and that they are going to blow us away.

I was excited to wake up and hear some praise...never came. I know ESPN is the land of the free and the home of the Patriots but this is disgusting. Atleast give us ONE DAY to COMPLEMENT us for beating your love bird Peyton Manning in HIS HOUSE when NO ONE gave a chance to, before you go give us more "no one believes in us" material.

I'm actually really excited to hear Bill Simmon's podcast today and Wednesday along with his column on Friday. He may not know what he's talking about with the X's and O's, but atleast I know he gives us a very good shot vs his Patriots and I respect that. Any person out there who doesn't give us a chance vs New England is just asking for trouble and has never watched us play the past 6 years.

Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

Perfect scenario:

Ravens make it to the superbowl. Defense gives up a TD in the last 2 minutes of the game. Flacco takes the ravens down the field and wins the game on a last second touchdown.

ESPN analysts should have to eat a plate of Crow on the first monday night with the chef being - Ray Lewis...

Yeah, it does get tiresome. Image for a minute if the tables were turned - Peyton threw the 70 yd bomb to tie the game, and Joe threw the two pics, one returned for a touchdown and one in overtime to give Denver field position to win the game. All you would read is how Joe didn't step up and how the great Peyton carried his team to the win. All I know is, Peyton has 9 playoff wins in 14 years, eight times one and done. Joe Floacco has 7 layoff wins, 0 one and done.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Joe Flacco is better than Tom Brady. I don't give a fuck about Brady's 3 superbowls with cheating and a top 1 defense. I don't give a shit about him completing 8 yard passes for 35 YAC after having 5 seconds to throw. I don't give a shit about all the times he's been "the hero" after being bailed out by bogus illegal contact/defensive holding. He's never had a game-winning touchdown drive in the playoffs in his career. And he never will.
    I wouldn't say that (the bold part). Brady drove the Patriots down the field against the Giants for a go-ahead score in their first SB match-up, and then Little Brother threw the desperation prayer that stuck to Tyree's helmet. That crazy catch was a good thing for football fans across the country, or there wouldn't be any NFL talking heads- they'd all still be slobbering over Brady's knob.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    Collin COWARD didn't waste anytime on his show today to pull an Ashley "FUCK! Why did I say that!" Fox. He said within the first 2 minutes of his show that we have no chance vs the Patriots and that they are going to blow us away.

I was excited to wake up and hear some praise...never came. I know ESPN is the land of the free and the home of the Patriots but this is disgusting. Atleast give us ONE DAY to COMPLEMENT us for beating your love bird Peyton Manning in HIS HOUSE when NO ONE gave a chance to, before you go give us more "no one believes in us" material.

I'm actually really excited to hear Bill Simmon's podcast today and Wednesday along with his column on Friday. He may not know what he's talking about with the X's and O's, but atleast I know he gives us a very good shot vs his Patriots and I respect that. Any person out there who doesn't give us a chance vs New England is just asking for trouble and has never watched us play the past 6 years.
    After Flacco beats the Patriots Sunday, we're going to hear how unfair it was the Ravens had an extra day to prep for the game...

As I sit here listening to the SiriusXM Blitz with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon, Adam is readily eating crow and saying he was wrong about Flacco and the Ravens, and Rich said that there was a very good chance the Ravens will roll into New England and come away with a win.

On the SiriusXM NFL Radio network these guys were the least likely to give the Ravens any love, but they have always been honest about their reasons for their opinions. Certainly today they are not saying it was a Broncos loss, it was a Ravens win (and if special teams hadn't failed it wouldn't have been close.)

I suggest if people want to hear some (reasonably) balanced NFL coverage go ahead and pony up for at least the internet streaming SiriusXM access if not a radio as well. It is a lot better than the other crap you guys are listening to, and by spending a few bucks 'voting' for content you want to hear will, over time, sway the content of other providers like ESPN.

Everyone follows the $.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I wouldn't say that (the bold part). Brady drove the Patriots down the field against the Giants for a go-ahead score in their first SB match-up, and then Little Brother threw the desperation prayer that stuck to Tyree's helmet. That crazy catch was a good thing for football fans across the country, or there wouldn't be any NFL talking heads- they'd all still be slobbering over Brady's knob.
    Yeah then he got 52 seconds and 2 timeouts to get in field goal range and failed.

The Ravens are the Raiders of our generation. They are a nasty gritty team that wins a lot but in very unsexy way. They are a thorn in the side of the Patriots, Steelers, and now the Broncos, who all have a large national fanbases. The national media is always going to take a negative slant on the Ravens b/c of that. WRT Joe, he is an obvious whipping target b/c his game isnt exactly poetry in motion, but some how gets it done. Also, his demeanor makes him an easy target. Face it, belittling Joe is the 'IN' thing to do and just like lemmings to a cliff, all the national media follows suit. Oh well F THEM.

Ok he aint pretty and frustratingly inconsistent at times, but for Christ sakes, every Raven fan should be rooting for Joe. Sometimes this season it really felt like some Ravens fans were rooting Joe to fail, which is bullshit.

eh, i've been a fan since this team's inception and it's always been the same. sure, at one point it did seem as if the team were made up of hardened criminals and bad people. but in the past five years, harbs has turned this team and its image around in great ways. lombardi, no lombardi they're never going to get ALL of the respect they deserve, but they'll get some. at this point i'm in agreeance with another poster in that the more they hate, the more our guys get 'fueled' so to speak. eh, let 'em talk..we still gotta play the game. ask manning.

Flacco has a 101 QB rating over his last 6 playoff games. Going back 3 years. 12 TDs, 2 INTs, averaging 247 yards per game. That is pretty good.

So with the media, after saturdays game, nothing has changed with the media. Been like that for a while now, but Joe and the Ravens are setting records, beating the no 1 seed this weekend, and now play their third time in five years for AFC title. One day, if not already, football fans will realize the talking heads are making money running their mouths like O'Reilly,What's the fat guys name, and every douche bag wantabe footplayer who has an answer for who will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Brady just passed Joe Montana in playoff wins. I don't think it's disrespectful for them to say they're favored at home

"to be the best you have to beat the best"
    Favored at home and a 9 point spread are two different things. Considering how well we play them, how well we have played in the playoffs, and the last couple meetings between the teams, there is no way they should be favored by over a touchdown to beat us.