Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Rd. 1 headscratchers

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Ray played until 37...so who knows.

Point is ILB was locked up.
    Darryl Smith is not, nor will he ever be, Ray Lewis. He's good, but . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I am truly amazed that some of the posters do not seem to realize that:

1. You need two, not one ILB playing on a 3-4 defense!
    Two...like Brown and Smith? That is two right?

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    3. Darryl Smith has maybe 1-2 years left so this is a solid depth move so ILB will not be a problem a year or two from now.
    Because there won't be other ILBs available a year or two from now? Think about that word: now. Was ILB a need now? No.

2 years from now...maybe. Now, no. Not when you just used a 2nd rd pick on the supposed future ILB and when you just inked a vet to a 4 year deal. No one knows how long Smith will play.

So then I guess the Arthur Brown pick was a huge fuck up since he apparently sucks already?

Last year people here were saying the same thing about Brown that you are saying about Mosley now. Future Pro Bowler, future of defense.

And now Brown is what?
    LOL...wrong again. I believe the words you used before were "locked down" when referring to the ILB position. No one, that I know of was calling Brown a future Pro Bowler, and if they did they were wrong. Who goes ahead and crowns a late 2nd round pick as a future pro bowler? Only about 50% of guys taken in that range develop into anything. Meanwhile, CJ Mosley is a top 10 talent according to Ozzie and Eric D. Our FO rarely misses on first rounders, especially not in the top 20. And most scouts agree that Mosley was one of the safest picks in the draft. If you dont recognize that Mosley is a clear upgrade over Brown I cant help you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Darryl Smith is not, nor will he ever be, Ray Lewis. He's good, but . . .
    And?? So that precludes him from playing to 37 because????

The point is people are acting as if it impossible for Smith to play out his contract. Which is pure speculation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    LOL...wrong again. I believe the words you used before were "locked down" when referring to the ILB position. No one, that I know of was calling Brown a future Pro Bowler, and if they did they were wrong. Who goes ahead and crowns a late 2nd round pick as a future pro bowler? Only about 50% of guys taken in that range develop into anything. Meanwhile, CJ Mosley is a top 10 talent according to Ozzie and Eric D. Our FO rarely misses on first rounders, especially not in the top 20. And most scouts agree that Mosley was one of the safest picks in the draft. If you dont recognize that Mosley is a clear upgrade over Brown I cant help you
    When you have 2 projected starters for 2 starting spots...to me that is indeed locked down.

Brown was a projected 1st rd LBer last year by many.

Upgrade over Brown...because you've seen Arthur Brown play a full NFL season already? Because you've seen Mosley play in the NFL?

So Roberts Woods, Goodwin and Mike Williams aren't weapons? In addition to Stevie Johnson, who could very well not be traded?

I see that WR corp as very capable.
    So Marquise Goodwin, with a career 17 catches, is a superior weapon to Sammy Watkins? If you have an opportunity to upgrade with one of the best guys on the board, you do it. I already said the trade cost was too high IMO, but once they did that the pick was completely solid.

Because there won't be other ILBs available a year or two from now? Think about that word: now. Was ILB a need now? No.
    Short-sighted/short-term drafting results in a team always picking early.

Ray played until 37...so who knows.

Point is ILB was locked up.
    Look at Smith's injury history. It was really impressive he didn't miss a game last year.

And?? So that precludes him from playing to 37 because????

The point is people are acting as if it impossible for Smith to play out his contract. Which is pure speculation.
    He might play to that age, but he won't be playing as good as Mosley is capable of playing. To think otherwise is pure fantasy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    So Marquise Goodwin, with a career 17 catches, is a superior weapon to Sammy Watkins? If you have an opportunity to upgrade with one of the best guys on the board, you do it. I already said the trade cost was too high IMO, but once they did that the pick was completely solid.
    You know Goodwin got hurt last year right? Also he was clearly behind Woods on the depth chart. Both were rookies.

Stevie Johnson, Mike Williams and Robert Woods alone is a solid 3 WRs.

Upgrade over Brown...because you've seen Arthur Brown play a full NFL season already? Because you've seen Mosley play in the NFL?
    Strong logic
    BT1234 strikes again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Strong logic
    BT1234 strikes again
    Because all stars from Alabama are automatically stars in the NFL. Right?