Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: That old man Ray looked terrible out there

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    In all fairness, the average age of the Ravens starting offensive line dropped about 10 years in less than a week. :)
    A week? Try 45 minutes before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    But the Ravens defense is old. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are not what they used to be.
    They are tuuurible - Charles Barkley

I'm going to tip toe into a devil's advocate role. Ed and Ray were called old last year - and they started out with an even better Week 1 (3 picks). The story will be told as we lumber through 16 weeks of football (and beyond) when older bodies will take longer to heal through the week. That said the lean Ray Lewis did look much better and I'm hoping Ed's 2011 was just an off-year.

Ray Lewis is a freak of nature. He is to football in terms of longevity at such a high level what Nolan Ryan was in baseball. Its amazing he is still playing at his age, to play at the level he does is just mind boggling. A player for the ages.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Ray did look good out there hut what do you expect? I was worried about the weight loss which i think he still needs to adhust to but definitely looked solid.

Anybody besides me want to give ellerbe some credit. From what i saw he played more snaps than mcclain tonight. He also looked good doing it. I actually thought mcclain was injured but saw him in their in garbage time, which means it was by design unless i missed something.
    -JAB

The weight loss though made him faster it appears. What LB gets faster with age like this? He was everywhere tonight, and his pass coverage was a good as I've seen in a long time.

What can you say?

Ladies and gentlemen, you have been watching the greatest linebacker to ever play the game.
    Please enjoy these days. Something really special seems to be afoot.

Ray was put on this earth to lead men and play football. Genetically, he's a freak...an incredible, statistical anomaly.

If starting a franchise today, I'd draft him #1 for the hope that his intangibles would rub off on the other 52 guys around him.

From my SGIII
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, you have been watching the greatest linebacker to ever play the game.
    Please enjoy these days. Something really special seems to be afoot.
    I keep telling my kids this. Plus there will NEVER be another playmaker like Ed Reed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how casual fans are always ready to throw dirt on Ray and Ed and then they come out and play the game like they did tonight.
    I think people take their greatness for granted. It's like they forget they're not average players - they're first ballot Hall of Famers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I keep telling my kids this. Plus there will NEVER be another playmaker like Ed Reed
    That truly was a great defense last year with those veterans Ray, Ed, Suggs, and Ngata and company.
    If Suggs comes back, this could be an incredible lights out team.
    The Ravens are on the verge of greatness.