Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens camp report: It's time for Flacco, offense to lead the way

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...o-lead-the-way

Good report and I like the buzz we are getting from league scouts about our offense.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens camp report: It's time for Flacco, offense to lead the way

All of a sudden, Torrey, Anquan and Dennis, with Ray coming out of the backfield and Joe throwing the ball seems more dangerous than it did a year ago.

Torrey looks like he is on his way to being Derrick Mason with vertical ability. Anquan is finally being used properly. It is clear that Joe can and does rely on Dennis Pitta.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

i just read this article and came here to post it. great read. he says joe flacco should have an aaron rodgers type breakout season and go to the suberbowl

The comments were pretty funny. Steeler fans crack me up. Joe is throwing bullets this year and it scares them to death. Denial is their only comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by TtlPkg17 View Post
    The comments were pretty funny. Steeler fans crack me up. Joe is throwing bullets this year and it scares them to death. Denial is their only comfort.
    They're also scared that Joe finally has the weapons that can expose their overrated pass defense, they were number one but they are still vulnerable to the type of weapons we present on offense (speed at WR and athletic TE's). Troy probably wishes we still had an aging beat up Todd Heap instead of the younger TEs in Dickson and Pitta. Troy P, Clark and their linebackers can't cover our TE's.

The view around the league from a number of coaches and team executives is different from that of some fans and media. To many in the sport, Flacco is an elite player held back by a conservative, and at times predictable, offense, and if the cuffs were removed, he'd prove that elite-ness.
    If this is true.......Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Cameron can't hide anymore, he better keep this new look offense going or it's going to ruin his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    This X1000. I believe it though because when it comes to things said around the league writers don't get that kind of stuff from thin air. I know Polian has spoken very highly of Flacco. There was that one anonymous coach though from our division that said he really can't see Flacco having a breakout year. That his stats declined last season because of 'defensive pressure'.

But really his take doesn't seem very valid. How does that make sense every season Joe has dealt with defensive pressure. Now all of a sudden defensive pressure made his stats drop? An actual change from 2010 to 2011 was young first year starters getting thrown into the offense without an offseason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TtlPkg17 View Post
    I don't see how they have room to talk... Ole Joe lit them up both games. I guess they are Steeler fans for a reason.

Blog Entries

The view around the league from a number of coaches and team executives is different from that of some fans and media. To many in the sport, Flacco is an elite player held back by a conservative, and at times predictable, offense, and if the cuffs were removed, he'd prove that elite-ness.
    That surprises me, delights me, and scares the living shit out of me. I know Flacco won't hit free agency but I think this proves that if he ever did he'd be gone in a New York minute.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    They're also scared that Joe finally has the weapons that can expose their overrated pass defense, they were number one but they are still vulnerable to the type of weapons we present on offense (speed at WR and athletic TE's). Troy probably wishes we still had an aging beat up Todd Heap instead of the younger TEs in Dickson and Pitta. Troy P, Clark and their linebackers can't cover our TE's.
    Actually, they got exposed by Flacco last year. This year I expect more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    They've been vulnerable to attacking offenses for awhile. Their corners have been their weakensss the last several years. Cameron hasn't run an attacking offense. He's played not to lose, which played right into their strength. No one has over-estimated their defense more than Cam Cameron.