Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ravens - Chargers Predicition Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Yeah we definitely should have been playing this game in Baltimore. They haven't been to our house since early 2006.

As far as the game goes. I agree, I won't be surprised if we win, or if we get brutally slaughtered. San Diego is a hot and cold type of team. Hopefully we can do what we have to do to get the win.
    There is a rotation that is set.

Then there are 2 games each year that depend on the previous year's standings.

Just the way it worked out.

PP

i don't think matthews is playing and vincent jackson is gone. our back end is banged up. the new guy ozie picked up might be hurt so we could have chykie brown at cb.

this game will be based on how well we can get to the Q[B] and joe has to produce at least 20 points.

the chargers have a stout run defense.

It's going to depend on how they get to rivers. If he has all day to throw, were probably going to see a repeat of last year. SD was on the road and came within a TD of tying Denver last week which is tough to do with Peyton and that Defense. They'll be at home playing a visiting team with a clearly weaker offense and defense than the Broncos. I see SD winning this one, but us taking our frustration out on the Steelers next week

Repeat of last year.

Everyone keeps talking about Rivers but last December the Chargers had about 160 yds rushing. Matthews had a pretty big day.

Chargers 27
    Ravens 20

Who the hell knows?

All I care about is winning. The offense needs to pick this shit up.

Before last Sunday night, I believe many people felt that if the Ravens could go 1-2 in their next 3 games, it would be ok. Sunday night got them the "1", and I like their chances at home against PGH next week, but I'm not loving this week week in SD. I don't see any reason why we should expect an improved pass rush from the Ravens front 7, other than Suggs being one week healthier. We just currently DO NOT have the horses to do the job. Pees can occasionally dial up a blitz pak, but Rivers has the ability to torch the DB's when the back 7 blitz.
    24-20 San Diego
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

I am really surprised that most people are picking against us. To each their own.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

As this is the "Steeler sandwich" game, I really have a hard time seeing them getting up for this one. I know these guys are pros, but sometimes a letdown's inevitable, especially on the west coast (see Seattle and San Diego, 2011).

31-23, Bolts. Just a bump in the road, hopefully.

Blog Entries

Looks like San Diego will be playing without Gaither which is huge for us because an undrafted free agent will be playing at LT. I like Suggs' odds against an undrafted free agent LT. Also, they will probably be without their starting left guard Green.

If the Ravens can get a consistent pass rush on Rivers, this game will be over quickly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Looks like San Diego will be playing without Gaither which is huge for us because an undrafted free agent will be playing at LT. I like Suggs' odds against an undrafted free agent LT. Also, they will probably be without their starting left guard Green.

If the Ravens can get a consistent pass rush on Rivers, this game will be over quickly.
    The right tackle hasn't been great in pass pro this year either, so look for Kruger to have one or two sacks. I just don't like the way our offense matches up with that defense. Jarrett Johnson knows the system, and I think our only chance is to air it our, because our run game will be stuffed. The Chargers have struggled against arial attacks this year, which we excel at... at home, we have failed to get our explosive offense working on the road as we all know, it all depends on how well we can play on the road

Blog Entries

Would not surprise me if both the stealers and the Ravens lose on Sunday, but I think both teams will win this week. stealers d does just enough to get by. We finally get a decent pass rush, due mostly to the holes in the Charger O-line, and Rivers cannot take full advantage of his receivers.

But this one is on Joe. He needs to communicate better, check off in a subdued San Diego, Qualcomm, the Murph, Snapdragon (or whatever they are calling it this week) stadium, and MAKE PLAYS.

No excuses fellas. This should not be a tough game. Wanna be champions? We have to show more offensively on the road, and now is the time to start.
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 11-23-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The right tackle hasn't been great in pass pro this year either, so look for Kruger to have one or two sacks. I just don't like the way our offense matches up with that defense. Jarrett Johnson knows the system, and I think our only chance is to air it our, because our run game will be stuffed. The Chargers have struggled against arial attacks this year, which we excel at... at home, we have failed to get our explosive offense working on the road as we all know, it all depends on how well we can play on the road
    SD has been good against the run, but they have been run on by good rb's. McGahee had around 55 yards on 7 carries before he got hurt.