Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 2018 Mock Draft Thread: Not yours, Not mine, Theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    In the past 8 or so years we drafted two MD WRs but yet let Diggs slip right through our fingers
    Isn't that fucked up? We draft the MD wide receivers that were NOT Diggs.

2. Re: 2018 Mock Draft Thread: Not yours, Not mine, Theirs

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Sutton quite a bit, but I think he's gone before Baltimore picks.
    Senior Bowl and Combine will solidify that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Isn't that fucked up? We draft the MD wide receivers that were NOT Diggs.
    Didn't we draft Laquan Williams in the exact same spot a few years before? Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    What's everyone think of Miles Boykin from Notre Dame? I don't follow college that closely, but saw the late TD that won the Citrus Bowl, and he looked like a man among boys. Not sure what kind of speed, route running, or hands that he has, but he's a Junior so he could come out, and he has awesome size at 6-4/225. He only had 12 catches this year for 253 yards, but I dunno if that was due to Notre Dame's offensive design or what. Maybe he's just a really raw guy who could develop?

On the winning TD in the Citrus Bowl, he was interfered with with a DB hanging onto his arm, caught the ball one-handed, threw the one defender to the ground, juked the other guy, and walked in the end zone for winning score. Sure would love to see him doing that in purple.
    Boykin looks the part ( 6-4,208) but he’s a true SO this year. Don’t think he’s eligible for the draft. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Boykin looks the part ( 6-4,208) but he’s a true SO this year. Don’t think he’s eligible for the draft. Correct me if I’m wrong.

He is a Junior. RS Soph. He looks bigger than 208. He was 212lbs coming out of HS. He has speed but lacks suddeness. He is almost a hybrid WR/TE. Great wingspan and hands. He has too much speed for most LBs and Safeties. Physical player. He will not come out this year. He will go back for 1 more year. He needs more development and more success. He would be a great player to line up inside in the way that the Ravens used Boldin during the playoff run. Ravens tend to do better with bigger targets that they can get the ball to vertically over the middle. That would be Boykin,

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    He is a Junior. RS Soph. He looks bigger than 208. He was 212lbs coming out of HS. He has speed but lacks suddeness. He is almost a hybrid WR/TE. Great wingspan and hands. He has too much speed for most LBs and Safeties. Physical player. He will not come out this year. He will go back for 1 more year. He needs more development and more success. He would be a great player to line up inside in the way that the Ravens used Boldin during the playoff run. Ravens tend to do better with bigger targets that they can get the ball to vertically over the middle. That would be Boykin,
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    -The Big Lead
    http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/01/201...aquon-barkley/
    [B]Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College[/B]..

Thats your realistic Get at our draft position, our needs and our GM.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Thats your realistic Get at our draft position, our needs and our GM.
    It makes too much sense. Which as much as we need a pass catcher, I'd almost be OK with it for the mere fact I'm scared to death of us taking a wr in the first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

9. Re: 2018 Mock Draft Thread: Not yours, Not mine, Theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Didn't we draft Laquan Williams in the exact same spot a few years before? Smh

Williams I thought was a UDFA....update...yes UDFA in 2011...plays for the Brigade at the moment.
    Last edited by @SumthingObvious; 01-03-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    Williams I thought was a UDFA?
    He was, in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    What's everyone think of Miles Boykin from Notre Dame? I don't follow college that closely, but saw the late TD that won the Citrus Bowl, and he looked like a man among boys. Not sure what kind of speed, route running, or hands that he has, but he's a Junior so he could come out, and he has awesome size at 6-4/225. He only had 12 catches this year for 253 yards, but I dunno if that was due to Notre Dame's offensive design or what. Maybe he's just a really raw guy who could develop?

On the winning TD in the Citrus Bowl, he was interfered with with a DB hanging onto his arm, caught the ball one-handed, threw the one defender to the ground, juked the other guy, and walked in the end zone for winning score. Sure would love to see him doing that in purple.
    Sounds good, BUT can he drop balls that hit him in the hands?
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Walter Football 4 Round Mock - Jan. 3

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

16) Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
    The Ravens are desperate for receiving help. Breshad Perriman has been a bust; Jeremy Maclin and Joe Flacco have never clicked; and Mike Wallace, an impending free agent, is very inconsistent. Baltimore has to find a No. 1 wideout.

52) Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama
    Unless Brandon Carr takes a big pay cut, I can't see him being back next year. The Ravens could pursue another cornerback early in the draft if Carr leaves.

83) Troy Fumagali, TE, Wisconsin
    Ben Watson doesn't have much time remaining in the NFL, while Maxx Williams has been a disappointment thus far. Here's another new weapon for Joe Flacco.

114) Bo Scarborough, RB, Alabama
    Alex Collins is an average running back, but he's nothing special. The Ravens need a new lead back

I'm kind of unimpressed by this analysis.