Wink Shades of Elway? Lynch mob?

Here's the best article I have seen relative the team from Indiana visiting our stadium this weekend:

Shades of Elway as Colts trek into Baltimore

So the Colts return to Baltimore for the playoffs. Wow. Now you'll find out why owner Jim Irsay didn't want to share a division with the Ravens. You talk about hostility. My guess is the crowd will be something like that September, 1983, game when then-rookie John Elway ran into a virtual lynch mob before he was benched. It was ugly.
    I, unfortunately, had given up my season tickets and moved away before the '83 season, so I missed the fun of the "virtual lynch mob". (I would have fit right in, even securing the hangman's noose. )

The nastiest crowd which I ever saw in Baltimore, and perhaps also the loudest, was the one which witnessed the Ravens 38-31 win over the Irsay team in 1998. I think this crowd will be even better.

Lynch mob? I love it!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Shades of Elway? Lynch mob?

I remember that game when Elway came here. After the game when he was interviewed he said that he expected to get booed when he ran on the field, but he didn't expect to get booed the ENTIRE GAME.

Holy Crap that was a loud game. I seem to remember a number of delay of game penalties. I don't think ole Horseteeth could even hear himself speak. That's what we need Saturday folks!!! :hammer:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Elway lynch mob? I guess he is expecting us to be quite a bit more subdued than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    I remember that game when Elway came here. After the game when he was interviewed he said that he expected to get booed when he ran on the field, but he didn't expect to get booed the ENTIRE GAME.

And we shouldn't have booed him the entire game because....... DUH!

Ok, as for this Saturday all I have to say is that I'm glad it is a three day weekend because I'm going to need Sunday and Monday to overcome my lose of voice from Saturday. And Monday will be needed as Sunday I want to see the Patriots win over the Chargers.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Here's the best article I have seen relative the team from Indiana visiting our stadium this weekend:

I, unfortunately, had given up my season tickets and moved away before the '83 season, so I missed the fun of the "virtual lynch mob". (I would have fit right in, even securing the hangman's noose. )

The nastiest crowd which I ever saw in Baltimore, and perhaps also the loudest, was the one which witnessed the Ravens 38-31 win over the Irsay team in 1998. I think this crowd will be even better.

Lynch mob? I love it!
    UMM I was there in 1983. I have yet to be at the Vault for an Irsay game, should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Lynch mob? I love it!
    The only sad part about the game Saturday is Johnny U won't be there like he was in 98. That was a magic moment when Harbaugh gave him the game ball.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

8. Re: Shades of Elway? Lynch mob?

I too was at PAYDAY 4 ELWAY. It was much more then just boos.
    Unfortunately, Deberg came in and won the game for them.

But post game, Elway looked like he had gone 15 rds with Ali. His quote: "Are we even now?"lol

LOL Bert! I forgot about the "PAYDAY 4 ELWAY"....I was probably toasted. :D

10. Re: Shades of Elway? Lynch mob?

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    I too was at PAYDAY 4 ELWAY. It was much more then just boos.
    Unfortunately, Deberg came in and won the game for them.
    That was the ONLY Colts game I ever went to unfortunately...I grew up kinda poor, but I still watched the Colts religiously...I was 18 yrs old and I remember the crowd yelled much, much more than just boooos! There was some very serious foul language... Wasn't a nice place to have children there..