Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Tavon Austin runs an UNOFFICIAL 4.25!

Slightly bigger than Austin

Senior Bowl ‏@seniorbowl
    @seniorbowl Underway with DB weigh-in. Tyrann Matthieu, the Honey Badger, just checked in at 5086/186.

Well, the dream was fun while it lasted.

and Goodwin runs another 4.25! (Unofficial) these dudes are stupid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Tavon Austin runs an UNOFFICIAL 4.25!
    That was impressive. So was Davis at 6-3 with a 4.4 an Fuller at 6-2 with a 4.38.

Would not be shocked if Austin ran fastèr on his next. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That is great for Brown. If he maintained speed and athleticism with that bump in weight, it could really push him up draft boards.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I've been wanting him in round one all offseason, maybe people will take notice now

Mayock concerned about Fuller's (VT) really long stride. I wonder if that's something you see on tape or if its simply the way he ran for the combine.

Blog Entries

Tavon Austin...future oakland raider :(
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Boo.... Hoping we can see him play in the AFC.

Blog Entries

Greg Cossell making the point that Austin really needs to go to a team that is more creative in its playcalling to best utilise his talents. Even though we've made the switch to Caldwell at OC do we know if he is going to veer more away from the running game to run an O that would be able to maximise Austin's talents? Or would we be better taking more of a pure wideout?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Mayock concerned about Fuller's (VT) really long stride. I wonder if that's something you see on tape or if its simply the way he ran for the combine.
    That was his track coaching coming out (he was a track guy at KS before transferring to VT to take up football). In actual games he showed more versatility than that; I think that's just how he looks in open field, full stride. I think he runs differently in shorter areas. Definitely have to go back and look for that now though. Will also be interesting to see how he looks in the short-area agility drills.

Another Baltimore native to boot! :happyanim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Greg Cossell making the point that Austin really needs to go to a team that is more creative in its playcalling to best utilise his talents. Even though we've made the switch to Caldwell at OC do we know if he is going to veer more away from the running game to run an O that would be able to maximise Austin's talents? Or would we be better taking more of a pure wideout?
    He won't be there when we pick so it's a moot point.

But clearly we don't, as of this past season, have an actual position for him to play. We don't use slot WR's in a way that would emphasize his ability, so getting him would be a signal that we are changing up the offense. Ravens mostly likely move Boldin into the slot this year and get somebody else faster for the outside opposite Torrey.