OT: Pens / Wings

I dunno if you guys watch hockey or not, but if not, if the Pens pull this game out, you should try to catch the end of this Cup series. The last three games have been simply incredible hockey...

- C -

Re: OT: Pens / Wings

I have a friend who is an avid Pens fan.

I'm a big Pens fan too. I grew up in Harrisburg and my HS was largely Pens fans. Since Baltimore didn't have a hockey team, I rooted for the Pens and never stopped.

Man though, this has been absolutely incredible hockey. I remember the last Pens triple OT game.

There's really nothing more intense than playoff hockey.

- C -

I don't mind catching the occasional hockey game, but to me it suffers from the same problem as baseball and basketball... too many games, not enough meaning to any one of them. That is, until the end of the playoffs... I picked up the game in OT #2. That was an exciting finish.

I couldn't stay awake for last nights ending.

But I love playoff hockey.

PP

The fact that most of the same yinzers in the stands cheering for the Pens are the same yinzers waving piss towels for the Steelers makes me root for the Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    The fact that most of the same yinzers in the stands cheering for the Pens are the same yinzers waving piss towels for the Steelers makes me root for the Wings.
    What he said.

PP

LDO, I'm not asking you to root for the Pens. Just watch the hockey...it's really been amazing stuff.

I agree with the "too many games" issue. It's why playoff hockey is so great. More than half the teams reach the playoffs, so the regular season is almost meaningless. In the playoffs though, it's all on the line.

- C -

I actually watched the triple OT game last night. I've never really watched hockey but it was a very entertaining game.