Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seven Nation Army

The chant came through loud and clear between (and actually during) several big defensive plays last night. What made it different from other stadium chants (i.e. completely badass) is that the television audience could not hear any prompting from the in-stadium sound system. To those of you at the game, was it actually spontaneous? How did it get started, shouted in unison, etc.? It was louder than I had ever heard it before.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Re: Seven Nation Army

I thought it great that NBC actually used the song during a cut away to a commercial at one break in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I thought it great that NBC actually used the song during a cut away to a commercial at one break in the 4th quarter.
    :word I thought I was the only one that noticed that! It was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead View Post
    The chant came through loud and clear between (and actually during) several big defensive plays last night. What made it different from other stadium chants (i.e. completely badass) is that the television audience could not hear any prompting from the in-stadium sound system. To those of you at the game, was it actually spontaneous? How did it get started, shouted in unison, etc.? It was louder than I had ever heard it before.
    week 1 it was all spontaneous --- thankfully last night they started playing it over the loud speakers most of the time we used it

it is great to hear it and of course the defense chant that turned into B##$ s#z^

They need to throw that dumb protect this house rap chant --- nobody does it and it sounds silly. ... oh and get rid of the band !

Blog Entries

It sounded like a European soccer game. Very cool and not something you hear around the league. And by that I mean the chant, not the song which is all over.

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    week 1 it was all spontaneous --- thankfully last night they started playing it over the loud speakers most of the time we used it
    I think I see. Do they just play the drum tapping (minus the guitar or bass guitar) over the stadium sound system? That sound probably wouldn't make it through to the television broadcast and would explain why it sounded so spontaneous this week.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

how about the cahnt of "bullshit" after the call on ladarius webb. it sounded loud enough where i thought it would have been heard on TV.

Oh yes, the Bull Shit!!!! came through loud and clear several times for several minutes on TV. It could not be ignored so Al Michales even commented on "the manure chant"!

I only heard the Seventh Nation Army chant - stadium-wide - after prompting by a guitar playing just a few seconds over the stadium sound system. I had to leave early due to an injury (for which the replacement refs failed to stop the game), so I got to see the final quarter on TV -- the "bullshit" chant was amazingly clear.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    They need to throw that dumb protect this house rap chant --- nobody does it and it sounds silly. ... oh and get rid of the band !
    I disagree and with UA being a Ravens corporate sponsor don't plan on it happening.

Even Chris Collingsworth mentioned something about it, but refered to it as a war chant. He also said that was the loudest and most clear "manure" chant he had ever heard. Clearly discernable at home on the TV set.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    I disagree and with UA being a Ravens corporate sponsor don't plan on it happening.
    you like that chant? do you hear anyone yelling it ?