Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Breaking News: Ed Reed has a Labrum Tear

Ed tackled well so far this season execpt for Dallas when the whole team did not tackle well. He tackled very well vs KC and NE.

He is just making an excuse for a bad game which the whole D had tackle wise but Ed is the only one cherping and making excuses while Ngata and Pollard are maning up to it.

meh.... I had a fall in April 2011 where I stuck my left arm out to brace myself.
    When I landed the ring finger was bent backwards at the knuckle.
    I snapped it back in place, worked most of the rest of the day and then went to one of those out patient ER places.
    Ended up getting an MRI on the finger and had torn tendons.
    It's still stiff now.

Anyhoo, about 5 weeks after that fall my shoulder started hurting so I went and got physical therapy for a couple months which seemed to help, but didn't fix it.
    By the end of my work day (and I don't have a desk job I assure you) everyday my arm felt like it was going to fall off.
    Had to continually put down whatever I was carrying after a while.

Late fall (about a year ago now) I went to an orthopedic surgeon who sent me to get an MRI on the shoulder.

It was operated on this past January... torn rotator cuff, torn labrum and torn bicep tendon.

I think Ed will hold up unless he's given the task to play QB and throw the ball 25+ times a game.
    Maybe it's a blessing in disguise where as if he intercepts the ball he won't be holding that ball out away from his body during the return.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Last year, when Bernard Scott had a nice run or two against the Ravens, didn't Reed declare that there wasn't an injury impacting his play, even though he was injured?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Something to consider. According to reports, yesterday Ed spent some time on the sidelines throwing a football to Sizzle and Torrey. Whatever's wrong with his shoulder it's either his non dominate side or it's not affected by throwing a football.

Good news in either case.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    I have a partially torn labrum right now (surfing accident) :) anyway, when it happened, i went down hard backwards and extended my arm to brace the fall - I ended up with bruised ribs (which hurt like a bitch for 4 weeks), but as a previous poster said, i didn't even know i had a shoulder (labrum) injury until one day (2 weeks later) i went to throw a football, and i thought my arm detached from the shoulder after i let the ball go- but honestly, it doesn't hurt *at all* with any normal movements. Only overhand throwing motion- when i throw a baseball/football, it hurts like a *mother* whenever i try to throw with any force. The doctor said he didn't recommend surgery for the partial tear- and i specifically told him to treat me like i was "joe flacco"- and asked him what i should do. They advised me to just let it heal- and he said it would be 4-6 months before it healed. I'm almost at month 5, and i still have a lot of pain when trying to throw- but it's definitely lessening.

So bottom line- I can do just about anything with my upper body (lift weights, throw a lacrosse ball, swing a bat) with ZERO pain, but I just can't throw a ball- It wouldn't hinder me at all if i had to make tackles, or even reach up high in the air to grab passes. I suspect Ed has this same type of injury, and as long as they don't ask him to be QB, he'll be fine.
    I had the same thing. I learned to throw the ball left handed and I can zip it pretty good. I don't have much 'touch' but I can knock the kids heads off in the back yard LOL

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

now PFT is calling them out for now having him on the injury report: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ays-otherwise/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Is Ed Reed just collecting a pay check for one more year ?

What ya think? I think so! and I'm not a troll. This question is in the minds of many a Ravens fan. He gets hurt on almost every play now .... so ..... looks like its time to move on! Call it a day dude!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Just like Big Ben always something wrong. He should give up football and try for Days of our Lives! The drama is welcomed there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    In all fairness, Big Ben is more likely to tear his labia.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I was getting firewood during the last blizzard, and fell down the steps of my deck. My shoulder ended up well over my head. Hopefully Ed is being Ed.....or maybe Big Jen:)
    LOL
    where you DrUnk then as well?

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    In all fairness, Big Ben is more likely to tear his labia.
    Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
    Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger left practice early today after injuring his right ankle. The injury doesn't appear to be serious.
    Retweeted by Jamison Hensley

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    we really need to reload the defense next offseason.
    I think it's more we need to get more production out of our 1st nd second round picks on D. Recently, with the exception of Upshaw as the jury is still out has been pathetic in terms of use of those picks. Kruger and Kindle have been HUGE disappoinments, and Jimmy certainly isn't living up to his draft pick either.

We really need to go high on a MLB and FS next year, trade up and use some of those lower round draft picks to get there if needed.

Ed just said on NFL network that it's nothing to worry about. It's something they have been aware of for a few weeks and it's not like he's pitching.