Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Damien Berry selling his Ravens Super Bowl ring - get your checkbooks ready

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7936--nfl.html

He was on the PS in 2011, and on IR in 2012, then gone, so I can see it not having much sentimental value. I hope he uses the proceeds wisely.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Re: Damien Berry selling his Ravens Super Bowl ring - get your checkbooks ready

The really surprising move is Jamie Sharper selling his ring from SB XXXV. I hope he's not having financial troubles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    The really surprising move is Jamie Sharper selling his ring from SB XXXV. I hope he's not having financial troubles.
    Man, I agree. Sharper had a 9 year NFL career, and I think he was paid quite well (especially by the Texans). Hurts to see a 39 year old veteran in trouble... Bc

Would be awesome to be able to afford that ring. I'd buy it if I could. Hope Berry uses the money wisely. I also am concerned for Sharper. Hope the proceeds help him out.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I agree, since I think Sharper runs his own company and is certainly getting paid as a local studio analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hurts to see a 39 year old veteran in trouble...
    "Sports Illustrated estimated in 2009 that 78 percent of NFL players are bankrupt or facing serious financial stress within two years of ending their playing careers."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ble/54465664/1

iggyman555 Guest

id pay max 25k for it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    id pay max 25k for it
    Berry wants to be in the Black, but might end up Blue, if he's in the Red after the sale... Bc

Blog Entries

25K? Pocket change. Sad
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    "Sports Illustrated estimated in 2009 that 78 percent of NFL players are bankrupt or facing serious financial stress within two years of ending their playing careers."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ble/54465664/1
    Most players don't make that much combined with impulse spending and short careers doesn't go well financially.

These guys should take some money management classes with their free ride scholarships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

the last thing u want for a guy a like berry is to waste that money on drugs, alcohol, etc.

Blog Entries

Lot of Balt/Ravens stuff. The Lenny Lyles '58 ring opening at 1,500? Damn.... that's probably more than it is actually worth to start with, but still. That's not an assload of money. For a Colts '58 Championship ring? The Greatest Game Ever Played? Damn.....

Amazing what you can buy some things for, where you go, ya know, I could actually afford that? My wife and I somehow wound up at an art auction last year (don't ask...) and they had these nice sketches by Rembrandt. And I'm thinking, what, 200k? Why are we even here? Where's the hot chick with the big boobs in the tight black dress handing out the free champagne? Turns out, you could get some of these Rembrandts for like 2000 bucks. Who knew?

For comparison, go to any coffee shop or bookstore where they consign local artists' horrifying nightmare paintings on canvas of vaginas with teeth or fairies on unicorns inside of crystal balls for $400.00, and you think, shit, I could get a goddamn Rembrandt drawing for what I'd pay for 5 of these stupid things.... crazy.