Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Tyrod Taylor be included more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    They probably wouldn't have much of a problem getting a new backup QB if Taylor were to get hurt. If he can actually make some plays here and there, I don't have a problem with letting him contribute.
    Letting him contribute is one thing, running stupid trick plays over and over is something entirely different.

It's dumb and the Jets D wasn't fooled after the first couple of plays.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

So, they can barely come up with more creative ways to scheme the players that they already have on the field open, and now they are going six plays out of there way to pull someone off the bench and get him good opportunities? I think we've seen enough of Tyrod Taylor for a season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Letting him contribute is one thing, running stupid trick plays over and over is something entirely different.

It's dumb and the Jets D wasn't fooled after the first couple of plays.
    I agree. There are certain things that you just can't run against certain defenses. Running this type of stuff against a Rex Ryan or Dick LeBeau defense is disrespectful.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I agree. There are certain things that you just can't run against certain defenses. Running this type of stuff against a Rex Ryan or Dick LeBeau defense is disrespectful.
    When you run it once or twice and get good gains out of it, then that is a success. It should be noted as a success and considered a small victory in the overarching battle.

Running the same types of plays out of the same, or similar, formations against any defense is just ridiculous. Those few gains that were had are now completely negated by minimal gains, no gains and losses.

I mean, the plays where Joe splits out wide he is literally just standing there watching the play. He wasn't even covered. When that happens, your offense is basically 10 men vs 11 men.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    When you run it once or twice and get good gains out of it, then that is a success. It should be noted as a success and considered a small victory in the overarching battle.
    Joe Flacco approves of this post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    Exactly.

The stupidity of the play calling is OVERWHELMING.

The first thing they should be concerned with is putting an O line on the field that can run block and MORE IMPORTANTLY pass block.

The second thing should be benching Ray Rice - he's done - put a fork in him.

The third thing is get Joe a TIGHT END - somebody who can catch the ball. Dickson is Dickson and belongs on the inactive list

Start calling plays that make the most of his talents. Putting him in third and long because you run two stupid Tyrod Taylor plays is just plain STUPID

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post

The first thing they should be concerned with is putting an O line on the field that can run block and MORE IMPORTANTLY pass block.

The third thing is get Joe a TIGHT END - somebody who can catch the ball. Dickson is Dickson and belongs on the inactive list

Start calling plays that make the most of his talents. Putting him in third and long because you run two stupid Tyrod Taylor plays is just plain STUPID
    Surprisingly, Dickson wasn't terrible yesterday. IIRC, he only dropped the pass from Tyrod.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    I do not blame him... its ridiculous to pay your SB MVP QB to play WR so that your backup QB can run around behind the line before getting sacked for -5. I just dont see Tyrod as such a great athlete/weapon that we need to find ways to get him on the field. getting Flacco out of Rhythm when were struggling to get into it to begin with should be enough to scrap it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I do not blame him... its ridiculous to pay your SB MVP QB to play WR so that your backup QB can run around behind the line before getting sacked for -5. I just dont see Tyrod as such a great athlete/weapon that we need to find ways to get him on the field. getting Flacco out of Rhythm when were struggling to get into it to begin with should be enough to scrap it.
    The offense isn't designed for that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post

How about we fix "the first" thing and see how that "second" thing plays out first. By the way Dickson had his most productive day yesterday despite dropping a pass. 3 catches for 55 yards in 5 targets including a 27 yarder is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    How about we fix "the first" thing and see how that "second" thing plays out first. By the way Dickson had his most productive day yesterday despite dropping a pass. 3 catches for 55 yards in 5 targets including a 27 yarder is decent.
    They will need the good Dickson this Thursday...he creates match-up problems for Pittsburgh's slow safeties and line-backers.