Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Indy's Run D Sucks....

While I was embarressed & disappointed by what I saw yesterday, I'll never get off this bus, I've been on it since Nov 95. Everyone needs to calm down, we have a rookie QB, we'll have to take our lumps. Things may get worse before they get better, but no need to start calling Flacco names after 5 whole games. Chill out people!!!

I do say though that I didn't like the game plan. I know Indy may have been expecting the run & maybe we tried to go a different way, but run the damn ball, keep pounding it. Bob Sanders was out, & the run would have eventually wore them down/out. Sit on it to keep the D off the field.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I dont know how good Flacco will become but you still have to like the kids grit. I think he will continue to get better, he'll work hard in the weight room this winter, he'll work on his film study, work on his passing touch, learn how to get rid of the ball quicker and things will improve. It might get ugly the next 5 games though, with 4 on the road. In fact, until this team learns how to win on the road, we go nowhere. We have lost 9 out of 10 on the road, with the one win being against the 49'ers by one point in one of the worst games ever played.
    Section 103 Row 7

im not gonna call out any names here but after 5 games people are already talking that flacco is a bust or just dont have it or is a waste,well them people aint fans.they are idiots.hey thats my opinion!!!!!i understand people get caught up in the moment after a loss i am as guilty as anybody but after 5 games to call the kid names and mention that he just aint gonna cut it is flat out STUPID!!!!

Where did folks say he was a bust?

I think it's obvious Flacco doesnt have it right now. I mean, one TD and seven pickles isnt exactly owning the job at this point. Will he improve? Well, thats really the only direction he has at this point.

well that is what it seems your getting at here.its the mans first five games in the league,cut him some slack.has he done horrible,yes!but i am sure you houston were one that didnt expect the ravens to do much this year(i maybe be wrong)but why not let him hit his bumps now then later.he aint gonna learn dirt behind TS or bouman so let the man mature and make a decision in 10 years after 3 super bowls 4 league mvp's and a big pot of pro bowls.

Rookie head coach + new offensive coordinator + new offense + rookie QB who wasn't even groomed to be the starter in the preseason = big learning curve for the offense. Patience.

If they are not making any progress by the end of the season then making judgments on their talent is more warranted. It's just too early now.

Also, there is more parity in the NFL this year than any year I can remember. It seems like just about any team is capable of knocking off or even beating the crap out of any other. We aren't the only team that's been surprised by someone they thought would be pretty easy to beat.

As to the title of the thread. That is SO true! Every time we play them they kill us on defense. Against the rest of the league they don't do nearly as well. What IS up with that? Of all the teams we play, I especially want them to kill Indy. It's sooooo frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    Rookie head coach + new offensive coordinator + new offense + rookie QB who wasn't even groomed to be the starter in the preseason = big learning curve for the offense. Patience.

If they are not making any progress by the end of the season then making judgments on their talent is more warranted. It's just too early now.

Also, there is more parity in the NFL this year than any year I can remember. It seems like just about any team is capable of knocking off or even beating the crap out of any other. We aren't the only team that's been surprised by someone they thought would be pretty easy to beat.
    The Ravens weren't the only team to be bitch-slapped this weekend, but it was the worst of them.

Dave has it right above, there are too many new facets to the team this year to bail on them. There is a lot that Joe F needs to learn, and with an O-line that is decimated by injuries, and a defensive backfield that mostly, SUCKS, it could be a long season.
    I'm going to be watching this weekend and rooting for my Ravens, hopefully its on local TV as I have to be at some beach party thing for New Yorkers at a local marina bar. My boss is throwing it so I have to show up.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I'm hoping harder than anyone that the kid is as good as advertised, but when he plays below the rookie level the way he has the past couple of games, the name "Sloppy Joe" is in order.

No way should he be underthrowing deep passes with the artillery piece he has attached to his right shoulder. No way should he still be floating passes on easy dump offs. No way should he constantly mishandle simple handoffs.

Matt Ryan is minimizing his rookie mistakes and look at how much it's helped the lowly Falcons.

I don't expect perfection from Joe, but I expect better than the repetitive brainfarts he's been making lately.