Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: What If on Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I only have one concern about Norv. He's one of the "old guard" in the NFL. Is his style of offense still effective in the modern-day NFL? Do we want someone younger that may be a bit more creative?

If we don't keep Caldwell in this spot of course.
    Yep and what I was thinking. Throwing out what he did way in the past,look at SD. He had 2 very tall and fast receivers, a monster at TE and a RB that was elusive and good in space. Their MO was BIG plays! Until they hit the playoffs an played a team that could limit that, and they rolled off into the sunset with even a appearence at a SB. I just don't feel he would be a good fit here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    The other thing with Caldwell is that we should see before handing him the job if he can create a new system. Whoever OC's next year, I would rather they NOT run Cam Cameron's system.
    :word

Amen to that!

i would give caldwell more credit for sundays win. if ray rice doesn;t fumble twice the ravens would have scored 30+.

regards

People have mentioned that there are legit questions as to if he really wants the job.

Why would some of you just hand someone the job who's heart may not be totally in it?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    People have mentioned that there are legit questions as to if he really wants the job.

Why would some of you just hand someone the job who's heart may not be totally in it?
    I don't think you do just hand the job to him. I think he is, and has been evaluated during the past 4 weeks. And I must say, regardless of what happens from here on out he has shown that he is very capable. He understands how to make adjustments when things aren't working, something Cameron never did. If he doesn't want the job then the ravens move on and find someone else. As for those who don't think he can develop his own system, I think he already has a "system" to build on. He just needs to tweak a few things, and taylor his plays to the talent he has.

I say if he wants this job, he'll get it, and rightfully so. Norv is NOT the answer!
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I don't think you do just hand the job to him. I think he is, and has been evaluated during the past 4 weeks. And I must say, regardless of what happens from here on out he has shown that he is very capable. He understands how to make adjustments when things aren't working, something Cameron never did. If he doesn't want the job then the ravens move on and find someone else. As for those who don't think he can develop his own system, I think he already has a "system" to build on. He just needs to tweak a few things, and taylor his plays to the talent he has.

I say if he wants this job, he'll get it, and rightfully so. Norv is NOT the answer!
    I am far from a huge Norv fan. While a few may be fixated on him, there are a LOT of good offensive minds out there...too many to just say if Caldwell wants it, he should automatically get it.

When an OC job is offered and your first instinct is to pass, that is a red flag to me.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I am far from a huge Norv fan. While a few may be fixated on him, there are a LOT of good offensive minds out there...too many to just say if Caldwell wants it, he should automatically get it.

When an OC job is offered and your first instinct is to pass, that is a red flag to me.
    I don't disagree completely I just don't think there's that many OC's available who can do a better job then Caldwell has done in his short time on the job. I hear allot of people clamoring for Norv Turner. What has he really accomplished in the new millenium? I think the players have developed a very good relationship with Caldwell. There would be some risk to disrupting that, IMO.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

That is strange. There could be several reasons for that though.

Maybe he is hoping to get some interest as a HC and because of that didn't/doesn't want to commit?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.