Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

anyway, back to the thread...

I am not quitting on the the team, and this has nothing to do with being defensive. I am just tired of these threads about who is a "real" fan and not. I truly believe no matter what people come here to say about this team anywhere from "The sky is falling" to "It's all sunshine and roses" is all more about therapy than giving up on the team. I vent my frustrations here and it makes me feel better. Then I come back to reality. I never actually give up on the team, sell my tickets, stop rooting my heart out, and living and dying with them every Sunday.

That's just my point, I do not believe that anyone who has been negative on this board is actually going to give up on this team, and isn't a real fan.

I also don't like it when people tell other people what to do here. This is a free forum and if someone wants to post, then they should come an post no matter what their opinion is.
    __________________:ww:
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

People are very sensative on this board. If you argue with them for to long they will just ignore you.

Depends on who they are. I don't ignore people I argue with. I have only ever ignored 1 person, and that was b/c all they were doing was insulting me and had no valid argument to offer.

Hell even Houston and I have had it out a few times over football stuff, but I still read his posts and judging by his comment about understanding that I get emotional he still reads mine.

I am so glad someone started this thread. I saw a video on youtube yesterday when I type in Ravens vs. Bengals highlights. I saw a video that really chapped my ass. There is some kid on there that does a pregame and a post game taping. He was saying about how pathetic we are and he wants to give up on them. Can we all say fair weather fan. Now that is something that pisses me off. I know everyone has there different points, but come on man. Do you really have to call our team pathetic? We have a real good team that needs to get their crap together and I am sure the will. If we didn't have a football team who would you cheer for, oh wait the Steelers, since they won 6 super bowls. We are all sounding like the band wagon Steeler fans. I agree there are not to many real Ravens fans in this state. I don't care how you express your feeling towards a loss. Real fans move on and not sit here all week crying about last Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by bretts View Post
    People are very sensative on this board. If you argue with them for to long they will just ignore you.
    Depends.

Arguing is one thing. Getting insulted is another.

I will never ignore someone who has a difference of opinion. I do not shy away from a debate and I, like many other here, have gone overboard and caught up in the emotion.

It's like changing the channel on a TV and that line was crossed today. Just as I will switch off something on TV I find insulting, I will "ignore" someone of that same ilk on the boards.

Point being, to each his own.

Real fans do not eat messy crabs in a Ravens jersey!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Real fans do not eat messy crabs in a Ravens jersey!

ok, that was good

Quote Originally Posted by Endzone 84 View Post
    I agree there are not to many real Ravens fans in this state. I don't care how you express your feeling towards a loss. Real fans move on and not sit here all week crying about last Sunday.
    Yes you are the only "real" Ravens fan and have the only "real" way to express yourself after a loss...

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    anyway, back to the thread...

I am not quitting on the the team, and this has nothing to do with being defensive. I am just tired of these threads about who is a "real" fan and not. I truly believe no matter what people come here to say about this team anywhere from "The sky is falling" to "It's all sunshine and roses" is all more about therapy than giving up on the team. I vent my frustrations here and it makes me feel better. Then I come back to reality. I never actually give up on the team, sell my tickets, stop rooting my heart out, and living and dying with them every Sunday.

That's just my point, I do not believe that anyone who has been negative on this board is actually going to give up on this team, and isn't a real fan.

I also don't like it when people tell other people what to do here. This is a free forum and if someone wants to post, then they should come an post no matter what their opinion is.
    __________________:ww:

I am not trying to tell anyone what to post or not post. I just hate when after a loss people will come on here and just melt down about how the team needs to stick a fork in it. I use the games on Sunday to take 3 hours and get away from reality and just enjoy the game like it is bigger then life itself. I hate losing and am a very poor sport. I act like a 6 year old when I lose and don't get my way in a game. Ask Houston he can probably tell you.:D

But, as for your post in your thread that you started today. I thought it was a great post and you made some good solid points and everythin was well said. But when the guy went and wrote "stick a fork in us" like we have no chance of making it anywhere this season I had read enough on these boards and wanted to write out something in frusteration. It was not to offend anyway but to call people out and say don't quit lets move on and stand behind this team.

Like I had said, I probably worded some things worng and offended people, but that was not my intent. All I am is a coach from my living room with a cold beer and an order of wings. If I was a writer then i would feel bad, but I would hope noone here is losing sleep over the things I write. I mean hell I ain't slept in two days because this lost to the Bengals has me burning for Sunday to get here.
    Last edited by bmorebirds_24; 10-13-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling

I understand and agree with the original post. Maybe just replace the word "real" with "true/good" if everyone has such a beef. True/good fans don't boo their own team. True/good fans temper their frustration with the understanding that those guys are out there doing the best they can. True/good fans don't run hot and cold in their support. If a person flies his flag at 3-0 and not at 3-2, he's no true/good fan.
    Lamenting bad play in a living room or bar is one thing; derogating our own players and/or inciting others to do so at the stadium is another. It doesn't help a team to be boo'd at home. That's what the visiting team wants, because it eviscerates home field advantage and adds frustration. (we've all heard players say that). The players are just guys that happen to be incredibly good at what they do. So, by booing at home games, one is actually promoting the agenda of the opponent. Does a true/good fan do that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I am not trying to tell anyone what to post or not post. I just hate when after a loss people will come on here and just melt down about how the team needs to stick a fork in it. I use the games on Sunday to take 3 hours and get away from reality and just enjoy the game like it is bigger then life itself. I hate losing and am a very poor sport. I act like a 6 year old when I lose and don't get my way in a game. Ask Houston he can probably tell you.:D

But, as for your post in your thread that you started today. I thought it was a great post and you made some good solid points and everythin was well said. But when the guy went and wrote "stick a fork in us" like we have no chance of making it anywhere this season I had read enough on these boards and wanted to write out something in frusteration. It was not to offend anyway but to call people out and say don't quit lets move on and stand behind this team.

Like I had said, I probably worded some things worng and offended people, but that was not my intent. All I am is a coach from my living room with a cold beer and an order of wings. If I was a writer then i would feel bad, but I would hope noone here is losing sleep over the things I write. I mean hell I ain't slept in two days because this lost to the Bengals has me burning for Sunday to get here.
    I understand what you are saying and what you say here comes across much better than the original post in this thread. I will not blame you for that as my initial posts when I am frustrated I know tend to lean towards the extremes and then I have to go back and explain myself as well.

Thanks for the compliment on the thread.

As for the last sentence in your post, I have been going through the same thing, so if I am this passionate about this team that I can't sleep well for multiple days after a loss where I didn't think the team put forth a great effort, and post something negative about that effort. I just can't see how someone can say I am not a "real" fan because I am not all sunshine and daisies.

Anyway, I will say again this site is Therapy for me and a lot of people to get their frustrations out because we as an average joe have no control on how this team plays, and we cannot just go into the locker room and tell them how they let us down this week with a sub par effort. This creates a lot of frustration and I know it helps me to vent here and I am sure others feel the same.

Everyone who posts here is a REAL fan, we all spend countless hours on this team and live and die with every play.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I understand what you are saying and what you say here comes across much better than the original post in this thread. I will not blame you for that as my initial posts when I am frustrated I know tend to lean towards the extremes and then I have to go back and explain myself as well.

Thanks for the compliment on the thread.

As for the last sentence in your post, I have been going through the same thing, so if I am this passionate about this team that I can't sleep well for multiple days after a loss where I didn't think the team put forth a great effort, and post something negative about that effort. I just can't see how someone can say I am not a "real" fan because I am not all sunshine and daisies.

Anyway, I will say again this site is Therapy for me and a lot of people to get their frustrations out because we as an average joe have no control on how this team plays, and we cannot just go into the locker room and tell them how they let us down this week with a sub par effort. This creates a lot of frustration and I know it helps me to vent here and I am sure others feel the same.

Everyone who posts here is a REAL fan, we all spend countless hours on this team and live and die with every play.
    Well said, and I felt the same as Bmore and have stated it multiple times in the past 2 days. Everyone has a right to say what they want, but it can be very frustrating when on here, on the radio all you hear is what sounds like the end of the world and people jumping ship.

I guess for me I'm just not that worried because in our 2 losses we played well in 1 and lost and shitty in the 2nd, but we were not blown out in either and had realistic chances to win both games. All of the arguments that we could be done could be true and we could win only 2 more games...I just don't see it happening. I look at a team that was in the AFC Champ games last year, and IMO is a better team this year on O, CB play seems the same to me if not slightly better this year ( I know that sounds crazy) but it's not like they were that good last year, I think we will be fine??
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim