Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: M&T Among League's Best

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Just thought I would ask, since it is my thing to visit NFL stadiums, but why is Green Bay lumped in with all the out of date, lower level NFL stadiums? You do realize that Lambeau has stuck over $400 million in renovations in 2003 and this past year right?

It is the NFL's oldest stadium, but you couldn't tell that by looking at it or being in it.
    Because it doesn't have a dome. MrT likes roofs and prefers to be out of the elements.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Because it doesn't have a retractable dome. MrT likes roofs and prefers to be out of the elements.
    Fixed it for you.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Did they put seats in yet? ;)

Lambeau is very historic and I'm glad it's still there. The museum, the Atrium and the suites are top notch. But the general seating bowl is bleachers lol. What's the joke "18 inches of heaven" ? Now given you can rent a canvas seat back for $3 to delineate where your seat is, but when the joint is packed sometimes the guy on the end of the row is SOL

Don't get me wrong I love Lambeau Field, but the bleachers will keep it at least in the average echelon of stadia.
    So because it doesn't have plastic seats that downgrades the entire stadium to middle of the row? Like I said, I have been to 1/3 of the leagues stadiums and either you don't sit in your seat or it is uncomfortable as all heck.

Real Fan Dan- The structure construction is done and seats will be ready in the new grandstand for preseason. 80,000 strong now!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    I believe that long bathroom lines are an issue at many stadiums, M&T included. I don't know how they can fix the problem, but it's arguably more important than the elevator issue.
    For the upper deck, put new bathrooms in along the outer ring just for men, urinal only bathrooms that don't take much space. Give the women some of the men's rooms that only have 7-8 urinals and one sit down (these used to be part of the women's bathrooms). Even port-a-pottys along the outside rail on the upper deck concourse would help.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Fixed it for you.

;)
    WRONG!!!! Lol....there was a post where he said the Metrodome was great. I mean seriously...the Metrodome?!?!?!?;)

Edit: Found it: http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...267#post627267. In all fairness, he said perfectly fine, not that it was great. But really, the Metrodome, perfectly fine?

MrT, I hope you realize this is all tongue in cheek and in good fun.:p
    Last edited by esmd; 05-20-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

As long as we have a football team, I am pretty easy to please when it comes to a stadium. But in this day and age, folks definitely deserve top of the line stadiums.

I believe that long bathroom lines are an issue at many stadiums, M&T included. I don't know how they can fix the problem, but it's arguably more important than the elevator issue.
    To each his own: After several operations, I still have two bad knees. If I were still in the upper deck, I would be taking the elevator both directions with it's 20-30 minute wait.

If you don't want to stand in line to piss, just move up to the club or suite sections. There are never long lines at Level 200-400 restrooms. Alternatively, stop drinking beer. As a side benefit, the game will be clearer to your brain.

If people are to lazy to walk up a ramp, then they need to lose weight.
    You cannot please everyone. If you are not able to climb or whatever, then do not complain. No one is making you go to the games. I know I am being harsh, but people might have to learn.
    Those comments are not just harsh, but rather completely asinine. We've been going to Ravens games since August 1996, enduring rain, sleet, cold, wind, long lines, losing teams, inadequate tailgating facilities etc., but still support the team 100% of the time -- and I'm not talking about yelling at the TV set. Now an 80 post newbie rookie tells us that "we might have to learn".

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    WRONG!!!! Lol....there was a post where he said the Metrodome was great. I mean seriously...the Metrodome?!?!?!?;)

Edit: Found it: http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...267#post627267. In all fairness, he said perfectly fine, not that it was great. But really, the Metrodome, perfectly fine?

MrT, I hope you realize this is all tongue in cheek and in good fun.:p
    ESMD: The Metrodome in my opinion was adequate, yes ... perfectly fine. Not worthy of being torn down to be replaced by a billion dollar palace to compete with Jerry Jones.

I sat in the upper deck with outstanding perspectives. The sound system was better than most. Downtown location was close to some businesses, but not like Federal Hill, or Bourbon Street or Broadway). The only shortcomings which I could see were inadequate parking (which will still a shortcoming of its billion dollar down replacement). The concourses were narrower than ours, but the restrooms less crowded.

The Vikings could have played there another 50 years. Building a new stadium in Minneapolis was just another example of NFL owners blackmailing the local governments into subsidizing billion dollar investments to facilitate the teams' sales of premium seats, such as what's also going on in Atlanta and St Louis today, with Miami and other NFL teams soon.

Just thought I would ask, since it is my thing to visit NFL stadiums, but why is Green Bay lumped in with all the out of date, lower level NFL stadiums? You do realize that Lambeau has stuck over $400 million in renovations in 2003 and this past year right?
    Simple: despite Lambeau's $400 million upgrades, it still lacks large upper decks to bring more fans closer to the game. It's akin to the Rose Bowl, with 10's of thousands of mediocre seats ... see:

lambeau2.jpeg ROSEBOWL1.jpg

I gave the examples of KC and Buffalo as other older stadiums than ours which are, in my opinion, better facilities for Joe 6-pack fans. Both these stadiums have upper decks.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    To each his own: After several operations, I still have two bad knees. If I were still in the upper deck, I would be taking the elevator both directions with it's 20-30 minute wait.

If you don't want to stand in line to piss, just move up to the club or suite sections. There are never long lines at Level 200-400 restrooms. Alternatively, stop drinking beer. As a side benefit, the game will be clearer to your brain.

Those comments are not just harsh, but rather completely asinine. We've been going to Ravens games since August 1996, enduring rain, sleet, cold, wind, long lines, losing teams, inadequate tailgating facilities etc., but still support the team 100% of the time -- and I'm not talking about yelling at the TV set. Now an 80 post newbie rookie tells us that "we might have to learn".

ESMD: The Metrodome in my opinion was adequate, yes ... perfectly fine. Not worthy of being torn down to be replaced by a billion dollar palace to compete with Jerry Jones.

I sat in the upper deck with outstanding perspectives. The sound system was better than most. Downtown location was close to some businesses, but not like Federal Hill, or Bourbon Street or Broadway). The only shortcomings which I could see were inadequate parking (which will still a shortcoming of its billion dollar down replacement). The concourses were narrower than ours, but the restrooms less crowded.

The Vikings could have played there another 50 years. Building a new stadium in Minneapolis was just another example of NFL owners blackmailing the local governments into subsidizing billion dollar investments to facilitate the teams' sales of premium seats, such as what's also going on in Atlanta and St Louis today, with Miami and other NFL teams soon.

Simple: despite Lambeau's $400 million upgrades, it still lacks large upper decks to bring more fans closer to the game. It's akin to the Rose Bowl, with 10's of thousands of mediocre seats ... see:

lambeau2.jpeg ROSEBOWL1.jpg

I gave the examples of KC and Buffalo as other older stadiums than ours which are, in my opinion, better facilities for Joe 6-pack fans. Both these stadiums have upper decks.
    People like myself have been through much worse, but you don't hear us complaining. Just saying, that you cannot please everyone is not a big deal.

And just why are upper decks better? I have sat everywhere in Lambeau and there is literally not one bad seat in the house. On the other hand, I have walked to the upper decks to all stadiums I have been to and seen horrible views.

Back on-topic: I haven't read any post which supports the original premise of this thread, i.e. M&T Among the League's Best.

also:

People like myself have been through much worse, but you don't hear us complaining.
    I am losing my mind? Aren't you the one who complained about lines at the rest rooms on post #34? That problem is easily fixed: buy club tickets. If you cannot afford them, try the lower deck, which should have smaller lines than the 5th level. Or, do what I did when I used to sit in the upper deck: cut off all beer drinking after 11 am.

And just why are upper decks better? I have sat everywhere in Lambeau and there is literally not one bad seat in the house. On the other hand, I have walked to the upper decks to all stadiums I have been to and seen horrible views.
    Whatever is your pleasure. Lambeau's lower deck seats go back to what: 50+ rows? Those would be too far from the field for me. I prefer being able to see the action altogether, not so close to the field that I miss downfield activity by focusing on the backfield. I like the uppers in the stadiums built with a more vertical orientation, e.g. Reliant, which remains the best stadium I have visited. Others prefer the lower deck regardless of how bad the view is. Some have phobias about the height. Some want to be closer to the action. We've had the upper vs lower deck debate here many times. Sometimes the debate has included the notched end zones here which are rather unique.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Back on-topic: I haven't read any post which supports the original premise of this thread, i.e. M&T Among the League's Best.

also:

I am losing my mind? Aren't you the one who complained about lines at the rest rooms on post #34? That problem is easily fixed: buy club tickets. If you cannot afford them, try the lower deck, which should have smaller lines than the 5th level. Or, do what I did when I used to sit in the upper deck: cut off all beer drinking after 11 am.

Whatever is your pleasure. Lambeau's lower deck seats go back to what: 50+ rows? Those would be too far from the field for me. I prefer being able to see the action altogether, not so close to the field that I miss downfield activity by focusing on the backfield. I like the uppers in the stadiums built with a more vertical orientation, e.g. Reliant, which remains the best stadium I have visited. Others prefer the lower deck regardless of how bad the view is. Some have phobias about the height. Some want to be closer to the action. We've had the upper vs lower deck debate here many times. Sometimes the debate has included the notched end zones here which are rather unique.
    That's one of a few things that I would like to see fixed. I didn't think I was complaining.

Why do people hate The Vault so much?