Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Three years from now who will be your favorite Raven from this draft class?

For everyone who picked Brown, I do wonder if he will have a harder time earning our love since Ray Lewis set the bar so high? Doug DeCinces was a pretty good third baseman but he was cursed with following Brooks Robinson.

When I think about "favorites" it seems like it is often guys with interesting personalities and who overachieve. Maybe that's just my definition, but I think of players like Jarret Johnson, Ray Rice, Ladarius Webb and Dennis Pitta. Not that they were expected to contribute nothing, but I think they quickly overshot our expectations. There have been examples like Jimmy Leonard in the past -- a guy everyone seemed infatuated with when he was here.

But when I think Michael Oher, for instance, I see a guy who is a better player than most fans give him credit for, but we had zero patience for seeing him try to fill Jon Odgen's shoes. I also wonder about Elam stepping in for Reed (even though he's really stepping in for Pollard, I think the Reed comparison will stick).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Was an accident.

It's been moved back.
    :word

I wasn't bitching, just wondering.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Juuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

I think it will be a common "chant" on 3rd downs....

Blog Entries

After some thought, probably Matt Elam because I just love the way he plays, although I love nearly every player they took this year.

I think I missed something.

How did we draft that's nicknamed "Juice"?

Blog Entries

That was his nickname at Harvard, and its his twitter handle.

Blog Entries

In order...

1. Elam
    2. Juice
    2. Brown
    4. Williams
    5. Simon

Blog Entries

You asking who?

I'm assuming Kyle Juszczyk, looks like it is close to how you pronounce his last name.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Tough question. Going into the draft my favorite players available were Tavon Austin, Matt Elam, and Arthur Brown. So I guess both Matt and Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    You asking who?

I'm assuming Kyle Juszczyk, looks like it is close to how you pronounce his last name.

I actually think the J might be a "soft J" pronounced more like a "Y" I think it's one of those situations where someone makes a nickname that is americanized and easier for Americans to pronounce.

Additionally, it seems liek the meat and potatos type of lunchpail offensive guys are he ones that get the long drawn out "name chant".... AFAIK, before Heap it may hae originated with "Moose" Johnston in Dallas, and has been used since by Pittsburgh with "Heath" Miller... and probably others I'mnot thinking of. I'm not old enough to know if it was used prior to "Moose"

Blog Entries

In football, me neither, but I seem to have Booooogggggg floating in the back of my mind and anouncers saying the fans are not booing Powell.........
    and dim memory seems to recall EEEEEEEE when the Bullets were here with Elvin Hayes but he wasn't as lunchpail as Wes or Boog
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Seeing stuff like this makes me even more hopeful about Brandon Williams...

Brandon Williams ‏@BrandonW_66 45m
    @TorreySmithWR is the training facility open today?
    Torrey's tweet he was replying to was just saying Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. So Brandon is just THAT hungry to get into the facility and get to work.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!