Future teams' vs. salary cap

When the cap rules change in 2013 the Bucs, Bengals and other low spenders are going to have to enter the market. Holding on to guys like Grubbs is going to be real tough. Lucky he and Rice come up now. I have alot less fear that Flacco will get signed away for the 2013 season, but you never know. Maybe his wife should start hanging out with Mrs. DeCosta. It will be like a New Year's Eve party with play dollars to gamble with, everyone will be spending the limit before they leave. Lots of all in and boxcars the hard way-only way-bets. Should be interesting.

Blog Entries

Re: Future teams' vs. salary cap

Has Steve Bisciotti not said, that he will take care of Flacco, during the upcoming off-season?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Has Steve Bisciotti not said, that he will take care of Flacco, during the upcoming off-season?
    Sure he has but things don't always go as planned. That was before the season and before Ray Rice and Ben Grubbs proved themselves to be invaluable to this team. I am also sure that it was said without knowing that Webb would have the monster coming out party that he has had. That's 3 key guys that we are at risk of losing RIGHT NOW. Flacco might have to wait a year. Or at least until all these guys get taken care of.

The Ravens are not losing Webb "right now". My understanding is that he is an RFA. No one will pay the tender the Ravens can place on him.

That's the point next year Webb abd Flacco are UFA and that's when the monopoly money starts flying around.

Blog Entries

Predicting the end of the NFL by 2013? Don't you know the world ends in Dec 2012 anyway? so theres nothing to worry about

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!