Thread: Better show?

Blog Entries

Better show?

Breaking Bad or Son's of Anarchy?

I've watched SOA since the beginning and have just started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix (few episodes in to Season 3).

Many people say BB is the best show ever, only behind The Wire. While I think it is damn good and in many was better the SOA, I like SOA better.

Thoughts?

Re: Better show?

Breaking Bad for sure.

I tried SoA a few times and just couldn't make it happen.

Blog Entries

SOA is a bit more complex and mysterious (if you will) so I can see not being able to get into it.

Breaking Bad to me, tries to be to artistic. Some times I feel like I'm watching something at the Sun Dance film festival, or a Tarantino movie. I feel like while it's one of my top shows ever, it could have benefited from some complexity or mystery. But the way everything is connected to Walt and Jessee's actions, is AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    SOA is a bit more complex and mysterious (if you will) so I can see not being able to get into it.

Breaking Bad to me, tries to be to artistic. Some times I feel like I'm watching something at the Sun Dance film festival, or a Tarantino movie. I feel like while it's one of my top shows ever, it could have benefited from some complexity or mystery. But the way everything is connected to Walt and Jessee's actions, is AWESOME.
    Funny because I see it just the opposite. IMO, SoA is written well, but lacks the depth and complexity of The Wire, BB, The Sopranos, True Detective, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Funny because I see it just the opposite. IMO, SoA is written well, but lacks the depth and complexity of The Wire, BB, The Sopranos, True Detective, etc.
    When I say complexity I mean kinda like, what's the theme, or what's the show about. SOA, is the theme about a gang of bikers, is about the transformation of Jax, is it about the life and how know one can escape it? 6 going on 7 seasons, the story they are trying to tell is a bit of a mystery.

As far as depth, I can agree. Sometimes things just happen with out a lot of back story.

Breaking Bad is just the opposite. 1st season you could clearly tell the show/ story was about the transformation of Walt (Jesse, Skylar to a lesser degree) and how his actions affect everyone else. And they give a ton of back story, sometimes too much,

Blog Entries

Speaking of Netflix, they auditioned in Bel Air for 1 new role for the House of Card's next season.

Nearly 1,000 lined up on Main Street two Saturdays ago to audition for the part. The creators are from Bel Air and a lot of scenes were filmed there and in Baltimore. When they were in their house it was supposed to be in Georgetown but was filmed in Bolton Hill, Baltimore. The opening scene was filmed there where Kevin Spacy killed the dog. The big party in the next scene was filmed in a huge mansion in Bel Air. The family died off and the county bought it and uses for weddings and affairs. My nephew was married in the same room where Kevin Spacy is talking into the camera. My friend was an extra.

Does anyone have ROKU. My box keeps jamming. I've had it for a year and get thousands of movies and radio stations until it jammed.

Blog Entries

After Completing Breaking Bad, I do think it is the better show. However I like SOA better. Mainly because I think it's more intense and more action. I do wish they'd have given more back story to things like Breaking Bad. A combo of the style of those two shows would have been great.

Totally off -topic and i can delete if the OP wishes me to, but has anyone been watching Tyrant?

It's been good so far. I "like" that they made up the "country" to be less offensive, and am just watching it as fictional, but then again I'm not Muslim so I can understand that some Muslim's have issues with how the show is portraying them.

Blog Entries

I want to watch that! But I put Directv on hold for the summer since we're never around to watch TV.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I want to watch that! But I put Directv on hold for the summer since we're never around to watch TV.
    good show thus far... I understand some complaints from the Islamic about the portrayal of their religion, and there is currently one hokey(to me) plot line that it seems they are hitting on just to show that they are exploring other "difficult" avenues. Thus far, in my eyes, the first episode was the best, and it has been a slow decent since, but i will keep watching unless that trajectory takes a turn for the worse in a steep way.

Also watched the first episode of "The Strain" and I'm not sure I will be watching another.