Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Did the Orioles/MLB schedule another home game on the first Thursday in September again?

Lol...smh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: Did the Orioles/MLB schedule another home game on the first Thursday in September again?

Re: Did the Orioles/MLB schedule another home game on the first Thursday in September again?

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Just to make sure that nobody would be able to shuffle anything around. Well, maybe next year Wednesday won't fall on a Jewish holiday.

Wednesday has a home game also. But Friday looks possible, though NFL might not like Friday night game. In fact there may be some law/rule against scheduling Friday night NFL games (I vaguely recall some argument about it and the antitrust laws).
    Last edited by Haloti92; 09-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Blog Entries

I guess they figured after Thursday, they're in no danger of running in to the same problem as this year. :p

Well look at the bright side. If we don't repeat then we are set up to have our first game at home since the O's will be on the road during the first weekend of the season:)

Blog Entries

Stunning. No really, stunning.

BUT, it's the end of the series and the game time is TBD. They could schedule it at 12:30pm since teams are not travelling. Who am I kidding though. Step one - just need to beat Cleveland this weekend. LOL
    Last edited by ERey; 09-10-2013 at 04:12 PM.

I must say this really is interesting. Curiosity drove me to see if either the Rockies, Giants, Mariners and Redsoxs were in playing at home on that day and lo and behold they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I must say this really is interesting. Curiosity drove me to see if either the Rockies, Giants, Mariners and Redsoxs were in playing at home on that day and lo and behold they are not.
    It wouldn't matter for those teams anyway since they don't share parking lots with their football teams.

I've been saying this the whole time. There will be no concessions by the Orioles or MLB and you can't say the potential for this to happen again isn't fresh in their minds. If by chance we repeat as SB champs we'll be on the road next year for the opening day.

Blog Entries

I should hope if that situation comes to pass...heads will roll somewhere. Either the NFL for clearly operating on a bias against alternatives for Baltimore. Or MLB for making a power play. SOMEONE should look ridiculous for that, other than the city of Baltimore.

I wonder how much influence the Orioles have on their schedule, as to whether they'd say "hey, hold this Thursday as an off day for us" I don't think they have that flexibility.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I can only hope this is a problem. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!