Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: OT - RG3 Gets Shut Down For Season - WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Scally --

I think that list is accurate but leaves out the one glaring thing that's been plaguing the Skins for years now -- Snyder.

Snyder has favorites and usurps whatever coach he has since he's become owner. Players like Deion, Bruce Smith, Clinton Portis, etc, and now RG3, get special treatment and it pisses players and coaches off to no end.

Can you imagine the mess in our locker room if Bisciotti had limo's take Flacco to and from the stadium? Or if Flacco was sitting in a suite with Bisciotti at O's games all the time?
    Totally agree. Snyder is THE orchestral lead of the D.C. ishtshow.
    Just an awful, awful owner.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Scally --

I think that list is accurate but leaves out the one glaring thing that's been plaguing the Skins for years now -- Snyder.

Snyder has favorites and usurps whatever coach he has since he's become owner. Players like Deion, Bruce Smith, Clinton Portis, etc, and now RG3, get special treatment and it pisses players and coaches off to no end.

Can you imagine the mess in our locker room if Bisciotti had limo's take Flacco to and from the stadium? Or if Flacco was sitting in a suite with Bisciotti at O's games all the time?
    Oh believe me, his main target is Snyder. He pointed out that all the losing coaches have one thing in common...Dan Snyder. So long as he owns the team, they could dig up the zombie Vince Lombardi and it wouldn't matter, the team would be absolute garbage, because of Snyder.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Problem is that RG is playing horribly and taking a lot of hits. Plus if Cousins plays well they may be able to trade him and get some picks prior to the draft. In their case I understand why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand that angle , I just think the whole thing reeks. The other teams in the NFC east and other NFC teams who are fighting for a playoff spot don't deserve this deadskin rollover right in the middle of December. Their last 2 games are against the cowboys and the giants. It's just not the way the NFL should be represented.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I understand that angle , I just think the whole thing reeks. The other teams in the NFC east and other NFC teams who are fighting for a playoff spot don't deserve this deadskin rollover right in the middle of December. Their last 2 games are against the cowboys and the giants. It's just not the way the NFL should be represented.
    Cowboys and Giants have horrible defenses; Cousins could go in there and win those games. Just sayin'

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Cowboys and Giants have horrible defenses; Cousins could go in there and win those games. Just sayin'
    I don't disagree with that but shanahan, by doing this, has announced to his team that the season is over. We don't care if we lose the rest of the way out. I mean how many players are going to put forth their best efforts after this?

Blog Entries

Is Michael Irvin implying that Mike Shanahan is a racist? That RG III was only benched because he is not white?

Edit: To clarify I am listening to NFLN Live and happened to hear some incredible comments.
    Last edited by CincyCat; 12-12-2013 at 08:49 PM.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

I don't disagree with that but shanahan, by doing this, has announced to his team that the season is over. We don't care if we lose the rest of the way out. I mean how many players are going to put forth their best efforts after this?
    I heard an interesting take on that today but it was related to the Texans. Pat Kirwan said that when a coach gets fired or something like this happens with a few games left, the veterans in the locker room usually tell the young guys they better be playing hard. He said the new coach will go right to the tape of those last games and see who wasn't giving 100%. Gave a few examples. Just found it to be an interesting angle.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

99% of them.

Very few in the league got to where they are by not being the most competitive people on the planet.

People play for jobs, pride and because they're incredibly competitive.

Blog Entries

I heard an interesting take on that today but it was related to the Texans. Pat Kirwan said that when a coach gets fired or something like this happens with a few games left, the veterans in the locker room usually tell the young guys they better be playing hard. He said the new coach will go right to the tape of those last games and see who wasn't giving 100%. Gave a few examples. Just found it to be an interesting angle.
    Yes, it is. Shanahan says he cares about what happens to the franchise 10 years from now. If true he knows he will be long gone.

99% of them.

Very few in the league got to where they are by not being the most competitive people on the planet.

People play for jobs, pride and because they're incredibly competitive.
    I agree with this for the most part, however, there are many players around the league who would not want to risk career ending injuries if the coach decides that their starting QB is being "shut down" because only he is too valuable to risk injury. It's no different than preseason games. If the games don't matter why not shut down all your starters and let the back ups play?

The bigger issue here IMO, is the potential impact this could have on the playoff picture and the Redskin's position in the 2014 draft. How would we feel if Tomlin decided to shut down big Jen against Cincy just because they are out of the playoffs?

Snyder can't be happy with what's going on. A lot of money being wasted.

Blog Entries

Well, Wapo caught it too. Video link at the bottom.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...mike-shanahan/