Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Boller's Performance

I am going to give Boller a Solid A. The one pick, though hurt us terribly, was due to him getting drilled.

This kid is alot tougher then I ever thought and God Damn he keeps getting back up. Boller is definitly no Akili Smith who dropped out of the league because of the beating he was taking in Cincy.

Honestly if Boller had better protection I really believe he could be a very good QB in this league. I hope he continues this. Even if we lose every game the rest of the way but he puts up the numbers then I will throw my support behind him for next year

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I thought I saw a helmet-to-helmet hit on one of the replays, but I could be wrong. He did take some vicious hits and came back like the tough summabitch he is!!!
    How 'bout that play he made an 3d and long, eluding two near-sacks and finding Darling on the sideline. Sweet!!!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

that was fucking sweet!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

If that throw gets to Darling, and we go up 14, everyone is commending Boller for taking the deep shot and getting perhaps the game-deciding score. Unfortunately, the wind caught the throw (the same wind that would have limited Stover to, at best, a 40 yard attempt, and we were at the 32 when the pick was thrown after the false start.)

After the pick, a hold had the Patriots at first and twenty around the 30. The defense ought to be able to stop a team in that situation, just as it should have been able to stop the final drive in this and the one in the Cleveland game that tied the score. Instead, it gave up a 43 yard catch and run that put the Pats in field goal range. That isn't Boller's fault, Mike Preson! Nor is Rex Ryan deciding not to pressure Brady on the final drive, choosing the "Prevent Victory" defense instead.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    I am going to give Boller a Solid A. The one pick, though hurt us terribly, was due to him getting drilled.
    How did the pick hurt us terribly? We were ahead when he threw it. The Patriots kick a field goal on their ensuing possession and we're still ahead. There was no guarantee we scored with a field goal. After we scored the first TD we never trailed in the game until the last 44 seconds. We were winning or tied.

Despite the pick, that game should have been won. It wasn't lost on the pick, the ed reed fumble, or anything other than a defensive collapse with ref assistance. And getting the ball kicked to us at our 35 yard line didn't help our chances of getting Figurs to return the ball for good yardage.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 12-05-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Wink Re: Boller's Performance

A-

He outperformed Brady, the NFL's top QB. This is the Kyle Boller that we saw in the December '05 night games and all of last season.

I'm looking for a couple more good passing games and some more gutsy blocks, and our FO can make better use of our high draft picks than wasting one on a raw rookie QB. Coupled with the better OL play, I'm even starting to get optimistic that the rebuilding may not have to be as extensive as it had been looking like earlier -- if we can pick up a talented pass rusher and CB, a few other nips & tucks, and the other starters can remain healthy, we may even have a shot at a WC contender next year.

btw: I wonder what Steve McNair was thinking last night.
    Last edited by Mista T; 12-05-2007 at 09:02 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    A-

He outperformed Brady, the NFL's top QB. This is the Kyle Boller that we saw in the December '05 night games and all of last season.

I'm looking for a couple more good passing games and some more gutsy blocks,
    Are you referring to the block Kyle laid down to spring McGahee for a nice run? I meant to say something about that. That block was fantastic. Even more so considering it was a QB!!

That block combined with the one earlier (I think vs NYJ), he might very well be the best run blocking QB in the league. :D