Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Report: Ray Lewis could return to face Peyton Manning

And he might even practice this Thursday!?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--mo...104935310.html

Blog Entries

Re: Report: Ray Lewis could return to face Peyton Manning

The injury must have not even been anywhere near as bad as first reported, torn muscles usually mean done for the year.

I don't care what anyone says, him being back is great news, we need his presence and leadership on the field, he should start next to Ellerbe or McClellan, yet they will start McClain because they are paying him the big money of course.

Blog Entries

good news. Im curious to see how the defense works with him back in the mix. Weve actually been playing better since he was out and im not sure if thats a result of it or just coincidence.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The injury must have not even been anywhere near as bad as first reported
    Maybe he is taking lessons from Ben?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Maybe he is taking lessons from Ben?
    Heh. Man, I bet his torn tricep could puncture his aorta.
    Last edited by Flipping Birdie; 11-26-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

This will probably be debated more in the coming days but Ray's return can do nothing but have a positive impact.
    Yes the defense has really stepped up in Ray's absence but to do have the general back is nothing but awesome.

It's not a coincidence; Suggs came back at the same time Ray went out and Suggs is clearly more important to the D than Ray. Doesn't mean we're better without Ray.

Blog Entries

Going to be completely honest and say that I'm not real happy about this. The defense has really gotten on a roll and played much better without him, and when you compare how Ellerbe has played vs. how Lewis was playing prior to injury, there is no comparison. If I was sure that they were going to bench McClain's useless ass and continue to play Ellerbe then I would be happier about this, but I'm pretty sure if/when he comes back, it'll be him and McClain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Going to be completely honest and say that I'm not real happy about this. The defense has really gotten on a roll and played much better without him, and when you compare how Ellerbe has played vs. how Lewis was playing prior to injury, there is no comparison. If I was sure that they were going to bench McClain's useless ass and continue to play Ellerbe then I would be happier about this, but I'm pretty sure if/when he comes back, it'll be him and McClain.
    Im not sure we can be certain of that. Ellerbe was getting more snaps before the injury. Hes played damn near brilliantly since. why would that now make him get less snaps than before? Hopefully Ray put some weight back on in his absence and Ellerbe can remain that compliment to him.

The fact Suggs came back in a good point, however the improved ILB play isnt explained by that. that explains as a defense why weve gotten better, but the ILBs have been playing better now than they were with him. that cant all be contributed to Suggs ability to pass rush, imo.
    -JAB

10. Re: Report: Ray Lewis could return to face Peyton Manning

I think that having Ray back for the Broncos game would be beneficial just because he can match Manning in making checks on the Defense as Manning checks in and out of plays on the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Heh. Man, I bet his torn tricep could puncture his aorta.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im not sure we can be certain of that. Ellerbe was getting more snaps before the injury. Hes played damn near brilliantly since. why would that now make him get less snaps than before? Hopefully Ray put some weight back on in his absence and Ellerbe can remain that compliment to him.

The fact Suggs came back in a good point, however the improved ILB play isnt explained by that. that explains as a defense why weve gotten better, but the ILBs have been playing better now than they were with him. that cant all be contributed to Suggs ability to pass rush, imo.
    True, I did not remember that Ellerbe was seeing increasing snaps prior to Ray getting hurt, so that is a great point and eases my concern about this. I would hope that the staff has seen what we've all seen and if Lewis does come back, they'll make the right decision about who plays next to him based on performance on the field and not money.