Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know the NFL is a business, but We have to find a way to Keep Anquan, and Jacoby

We would not be champions right now, without both those guys. I've been hearing a lot in the media about how they might be cap casualties. I would really hate for that to happen, both guys were HUGE! today.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries
    I agree.

That will depend on a lot of other variables ...but losing Boldin AND Jacoby would be a huge loss.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

And McKinnie for that matter.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: I know the NFL is a business, but We have to find a way to Keep Anquan, and Jacoby

Hope we can. For now, JJ looks like we just keep the contract and deal with it. Maybe an extension if it gives us some relief on the 2013 cap, but if not, it's not a killer.

Q, I think we can just re-do the deal for 2-3 more years. At some stage his deal will probably come back to hurt us, but if it can set us up for 2 more runs, I think we'll do it.

Remember: we get Webb back next year!!! :happyanim

Blog Entries

Re: I know the NFL is a business, but We have to find a way to Keep Anquan, and Jacoby

We're only going to be able to keep one out of ellerbe and Kruger. And with ray retiring and jameel a ?, ellerbe must be resigned. I'd say reed is most likely gone as well as Cary Williams. So we need to find another pass rusher and keep jones and boldin.

McKinnie would be nice to have back in incentive laden deal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    We're only going to be able to keep one out of ellerbe and Kruger. And with ray retiring and jameel a ?, ellerbe must be resigned. I'd say reed is most likely gone as well as Cary Williams. So we need to find another pass rusher and keep jones and boldin.

McKinnie would be nice to have back in incentive laden deal.
    Hopefully that guy can be McAdoo or Hamilton.

7. Re: I know the NFL is a business, but We have to find a way to Keep Anquan, and Jacoby

Anquan's one of the few WRs in the league who can still play even though he's clearly lost a step.
    Because he doesn't rely on his speed at all, so his age is less of a factor than with other older WRs.

With Q, it's his health that matters.
    He has to avoid those late season injuries.

If he plays 3 more seasons at a comparable level, with his SB performance, he just might get into the Hall of Fame after all.

I'd extend them both.

I think we can save a lot of money by extending Boldin and I'd extend Jacoby as well...I'd give both another 3 years or so.

I think by extending them, you could save $5-7 million on the cap.

The team is going to have to get another WR in here who is ready to take over for them though as I don't think either would see the last year if we do extend them 3 or more years.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hopefully that guy can be McAdoo or Hamilton.

I'm really interested in seeing what Hamilton can do.

I also think we need to see if we can find a way to keep Reed.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I'm really interested in seeing what Hamilton can do.

I also think we need to see if we can find a way to keep Reed.
    I'd like to for 1 more season, but who knows at this point.

I also think maybe extending Jimmy, Chykie, and Torrey might be a good idea to start thinking about. They're entering their third year, so I believe they can be extended.

I'm showing up to eat my crow on Jacoby. I thought he was the weirdest acquisition for us this offseason but he has been an unbelievable weapon. We sort of look like the Pats of old with what we did with him: acquired a player known for a weakness and squeezed every last strength out of him.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

12. Re: I know the NFL is a business, but We have to find a way to Keep Anquan, and Jacoby

Jacoby is a little shaky on catching the ball on returns.

But he does have big play talent, and he's come up huge at times throughout the season: Cowboys, Broncos (playoffs) and of course the Super Bowl.
    He also caught what should've been the game winner against the Eagles.

He and Corey Graham were the 2 biggest free agent acquisitions this season.