View Poll Results: Will the Ravens win the AFC North?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 79.63%
  • No

11 20.37%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will the Ravens win the AFC North?

Simple question, your opinion.
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

Re: Will the Ravens win the AFC North?

Yes. I think matematically, all they have to do is win one more game to win the division. Cincy and Pittsburgh play each other, so one of them is going to get another loss, and the Ravens have the best division record.

Blog Entries

I think they will win the AFC North because they'd have to REALLY botch the season to not win it.

However, I think they will limp into the playoffs and at this point I'm not confident that they'll be able to handle anyone in the playoffs. Stranger things have happened and I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think it is possible.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Ravens can clinch the AFC North with a win plus losses by Cincy and Pittsburgh Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...os-for-week-14
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Yes. I think matematically, all they have to do is win one more game to win the division. Cincy and Pittsburgh play each other, so one of them is going to get another loss, and the Ravens have the best division record.
    Think of it like a Magic Number in baseball. Our magic number over the Steelers and Bengals is a 2. We need a combination of two wins or losses of each respective team. Remember, that's not either team, that's both teams. It sounds easy, but if you look at it from a perspective of who would you pick to win each game it gets scary. There's no way game that I would predict the Steelers to lose. I wouldn't bet on us against the Redskins (it will be even though, I wouldn't favor them too heavily), we'll probably get dusted by the Broncos, and that leaves us to win out our last two games against solid teams.

But that being said, we have probability on our side. These last 8 games (ours and the Steelers for arguments sake) will still be unpredictable, potentialy. There will be upsets and the team's momentum and health will shift. So by virtue of our strong position, it would be unlikely for us to lose the division. But this is a position that I knew thought that we would be in a week ago. It would also look like a pretty epic collapse in the history books if we didn't win the division, especially if we didn't get a WC, which would be unlikely, but mathematically possible.

Yes. They didn't play as horribly against the Steelers as people are saying. They were a few plays away from a really solid win and a Kruger penalty away from squeaking by with a win. Batch played solidly and the Steelers won. The sky is not falling. They aren't going to lose the next 4 games like some here seem to want.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Yes. They didn't play as horribly against the Steelers as people are saying. They were a few plays away from a really solid win and a Kruger penalty away from squeaking by with a win. Batch played solidly and the Steelers won. The sky is not falling. They aren't going to lose the next 4 games like some here seem to want.
    I agree. The Steelers still have the number 1 defense and a good running game when they don't fumble every hand off. I do have concerns about the team, but I think every team out there right now has flaws.

I think the Ravens win the AFCN, but wouldn't be shocked if it came down to tiebreakers. Pittsburgh has an easier schedule than us and if Ben returns they could conceivably win out. If so, and if the Ravens split their remaining games, that would put both teams at 11-5. If the Ravens really collapse and lose three more games, Pitt would have a chance for the division crown, but I prefer to be more optimistic than that.

Where I'm less optimistic is how far the Ravens are likely to go in the post season.

Yes, but that's all they win. Maybe a WC game.

Blog Entries

Yes. However I'm starting to seriously doubt a bye. Hopefully we get the Colts in the WC game. I just don't see a rookie, even a talented one coming in here in the playoffs and winning, just not gonna happen. Other than that our goose is cooked in the playoffs.

Suggs hobeled, if he can even play. Ray coming off his own injury. A banged up Ngata. Christ half our starters on defense are on the injury report, or IR period. And a offense that can't score now to save it's life.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    No, they played pretty bad.

Struggling to beat a pittsburgh team with charlie batch, 3rd string running back, a hobbled O-line, a hobbled troy polamalu, no ike taylor and no lamarr woodley?

Thats actually horrible.

Blog Entries

It would take a total collapse for them to not win it. Even if they lose half their games left, they would still win it.