Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

...motivated Brown to sign a three-year, 1.49 million contract that included a $5,000 signing bonus.
    via Baltimore Sun. No way we cut him. He's a steal at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah plus I have a couple friends who are Georgia alum and go to every game (literally). They have given me a lot of info on Brown; he just got hurt and then couldn't get back into a strong spot there. Hopefully he's healthy and no more injuries
    True. Lots of things can happen, but it does appear as if he's got the skill set to deliver the goods.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I loved what I saw but we need to see more of it. I keep Brown over Doss and probably Mellette over Doss as well, though Mellette did little with a good number of first team snaps last night.

I am thinking
    Smith
    Stokley
    Jones
    Brown
    Mellette
    One other who is good on ST.

Am I missing somebody?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I loved what I saw but we need to see more of it. I keep Brown over Doss and probably Mellette over Doss as well, though Mellette did little with a good number of first team snaps last night.

I am thinking
    Smith
    Stokley
    Jones
    Brown
    Mellette
    One other who is good on ST.

Am I missing somebody?
    Deonte Thompson

LaQuan will probably get that last spot because of special teams.

I think Streeter is gone. Doss could be put on the PS, maybe, if they still want to give him a chance. But I think they part ways. Has Deonte come back from injury yet? Maybe they put him on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Doss could be put on the PS, maybe, if they still want to give him a chance.
    Doss is in no way eligible for the practice squad. He has been game-day active too many times.

Blog Entries

To be fair, it was difficult for Mellette to show much, considering how much he was interfered with.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ravenswintitle View Post
    glad to see everyone's converted :happyanim
    Marlon, Marlon, Marlon!!!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Beavis: "Marlon is Cool".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I love LaQuan and I wish he showed more but he just, as a WR, hasn't done much. He might be the 6th because of ST. Thompson is who I missed I guess because we just haven't seen him. Maybe they do IR him to stash him away but he hasn't proven himself in preseason games (maybe he has in practice when they have seen him) so I have a hard time seeing him kept over Mellette and Brown. But who knows, we only get to see the tip of the iceberg until the real games start.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I love LaQuan and I wish he showed more but he just, as a WR, hasn't done much. He might be the 6th because of ST. Thompson is who I missed I guess because we just haven't seen him. Maybe they do IR him to stash him away but he hasn't proven himself in preseason games (maybe he has in practice when they have seen him) so I have a hard time seeing him kept over Mellette and Brown. But who knows, we only get to see the tip of the iceberg until the real games start.
    A couple times this preseason I'd be watching a game in which some player did something great. And I'd think...wow...that player is really good. Then the following week I'd see the same player and think...wow...isn't that the same player who looked so great last week? He's not lookin so good this week.

So preseason is a tricky time when it comes to that. The thing with the Ravens WRs not named Smith, Brown, or Millette is that it's been years and they just haven't been impressive (with the possible exceptions of LQ, who sometimes looks really good, and other times not so good, and Jones). Personally, having just watched Christine Michael for the Seahawks, I'm goin on record as saying he is absolutely positively the real deal. (We'll see...)

But back to Brown (and Millette). As has already been stated, it's partly a matter of them being elevated because of the void created by the other WRs currently on the squad. And opening day is fast approaching, so hope factors into the mix a lot.
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 08-24-2013 at 08:52 AM.

I think I've finally gotten the hidden message in several threads: "Which of our WRs are less bad than the rest?" IMHO not one of them has been clearly NFL ready. Hoping Stokely can somehow stay healthy.