Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco: A Mature and Now Outspoken Leade

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Just win, baby.
    That's the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm so sick of hearing that. Its just a number, and has no meaning what so ever unless Joe is generally just laying back and being lazy now that he's getting paid a ton of money, which he obviously isn't doing. Its not like you guys are paying tax money that goes to Flacco's account, you buy tickets to go watch him win the franchise football games, just like you all were before he earned the contract.

I understand the whole salary cap thing, but that's a whole different subject. Just because Joe is earning all that money, we shouldn't all of a sudden start taking everything he says through the media literally (even though a lot of us did before the contract anyway). If Flacco throws 5 picks in a game, sure, start a thread, it absolutely needs to be talked about, just like how bad the offensive line is, or how Rice is average less than 3 yards a carry, but why all of a sudden do we need to start threads of nothing more than "players speak"?
    You're right. It's just a number, but a damn big number. And whether he, or you, or I like it, Joe is going to be under the microscope unlike any time before he signed that deal. It goes with the turf. Also, I don't see how we are "all of the sudden" taking what he says through the media literally. But when his words are spoken in a public forum how else should we take them? It's not like we heard anything second hand.

The OP is giving Joe props for standing up and saying he didn't play well and accepting responsibility. What's wrong with that?
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Any one who expects Flacco to not say what he thinks, has not followed Flacco's career. He has had bad days that he created and has had bad days because of his supporting cast around him. Ravens football has always tested the Baltimore fans and will continue to do so. It's going to be a crazy year in the Afc and Nfc, things have started out wildly. Joe will do his part and do the best job he can, count on it. If he gets sacked or hit too many times, he will throw 5 interceptions to receivers who have not stepped up in a good way. At the end of Flacco's career, people will just shake their heads at what he accomplished. The talking heads though will still take their shots at Flacco because he will not produce fantasy numbers or have a exciting regular season performance. But, he will win more then lose and make those postseason appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    You're right. It's just a number, but a damn big number. And whether he, or you, or I like it, Joe is going to be under the microscope unlike any time before he signed that deal. It goes with the turf. Also, I don't see how we are "all of the sudden" taking what he says through the media literally. But when his words are spoken in a public forum how else should we take them? It's not like we heard anything second hand.

The OP is giving Joe props for standing up and saying he didn't play well and accepting responsibility. What's wrong with that?
    Joe is who he is. Given time in the pocket and he can scorch you. He can move around in the pocket, but you have to have a space he can move into. The line has to improve or Joe is going to look pathetic. Not just pass blocking but run blocking also. Doing either well will improve the other. Joe is not going to beat anyone with athleticism.

Actually it's $6.8, the total is irrelevant!! This is not baseball and the only number that matters is the cap number, no matter how bad the national media wants to hammer on the $120
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Actually it's $6.8, the total is irrelevant!! This is not baseball and the only number that matters is the cap number, no matter how bad the national media wants to hammer on the $120
    Well.... it's 6.8 million this year, the cap numbers obviously grow significantly down the road.

Blog Entries

Right now, Joe is getting boxed into the pocket, because the edge rushers are also getting push against the tackles. If the tackles can hold up better, Joe can at least scramble to the side. Joe doesn't have the awareness to scramble with the efficiency of an Aaron Rodgers. The lane needs to be clear. If you box him in, he'll do his best, but he isn't as smooth as someone like Rodgers in that regard.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well.... it's 6.8 million this year, the cap numbers obviously grow significantly down the road.
    It's not an issue until 2016, at which time they'll restructure him.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco/

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Joe is who he is. Given time in the pocket and he can scorch you. He can move around in the pocket, but you have to have a space he can move into. The line has to improve or Joe is going to look pathetic. Not just pass blocking but run blocking also. Doing either well will improve the other. Joe is not going to beat anyone with athleticism.
    Totally agree. Joe is a pure pocket passer. If the O line doesn't give him time he is going to look really bad. Especially if we can't run the ball. Add to that he only has one receiver that he can really trust right now, and you get a situation where defenses are going to pin their ears back and come after him.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Totally agree. Joe is a pure pocket passer. If the O line doesn't give him time he is going to look really bad. Especially if we can't run the ball. Add to that he only has one receiver that he can really trust right now, and you get a situation where defenses are going to pin their ears back and come after him.
    Smith, Brown, Stokley ....

Blog Entries

He needs protection and he needs a running game. He's not a guy who can create plays with his legs or make no name receivers look great; there aren't many of those QBs.

Get the running game back in to the gameplan even if it's barely effective. At some point they'll break one and it also keeps the D from pinning their ears back.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Smith, Brown, Stokley ....
    Smith, Brown, and very soon Deonte Thompson too, IMO.

Stokley can't be completely trusted however, since he's very slow and there have been a few times where he hasn't gotten to the spot he is supposed to be.

That happened quite a few times against the Broncos, once for an interception. If Stokley played as a starter the whole game, I suspect there'd be several incompletions or worse as a result from him not being fast enough.

(No, I'm not describing a situation where Flacco simply overthrows Stokley. There is a big difference.)