Blog Entries

How to make a tight end dissapear

I know a lot of guys won't be interested in this but I found it pretty good reading. It's about how NE shut Graham down last week with zero catches after he had a string of 100+ yard games going.

They basically used almost no linebackers. Belichick always says take away the opponents number one threat

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...37712397828696

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: How to make a tight end dissapear

After seeing the pic (on this site) of the blatant holding on Brady's last second pass for the win it's hard to pat the Pat's on the back. Pardon the pun.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    After seeing the pic (on this site) of the blatant holding on Brady's last second pass for the win it's hard to pat the Pat's on the back. Pardon the pun.
    Agreed.

And Graham was hurt.

Blog Entries

This is talking about the way they defended Graham. And he sure didn't look hurt against Chicago

But then came Sunday's New England game and one of the most shocking reversals of fortune in the history of football. Graham's line: zero catches for zero yards. According to Stats LLC, no player on record has broken up a streak of four or more 100-yard games with a doughnut.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm kind of surprised that teams haven't tried this more in the past, at least against the elite pass catching tight ends.

The big disadvantage I see is exposing yourself in the run game. An extra corner won't provide the same quality of run support as a linebacker or safety. And some of those big TEs, particularly Gronkowski, can run block. Pick your poison I guess.