Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 32333435 LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I think Clark will still prove to be an asset. For all his clangers, he caught 7 balls, Dickson caught 1.

I mean, if Clark comes in off the street, rusty as hell, drops a boatload of balls but still catches 7, what does it say that Dickson has been here going on 4 years and only hauls in 1?

Dickson was massively outperformed by Clark, even though Clark had a horrible game. I mean... just think about that for a second.

Clark will not be cut. He will more than likely shake the rust, IMHO and ultimately help the team more than he hurts.
    This. If Dickson doesn't get it by now, he never will. He is what he is - a marginal NFL player, who happens to be our "best" TE at the moment.

Blog Entries

Dickson is garbage. I don't know how you can be an NFL TE and drop passes that hit you square in the hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You really see the Ravens going with 4 tight ends and Juice? If Furst comes up it means that either Clark or Bajema is off the team.
    That is another bone of contention that I have with the Ravens personnel choices. If they would have waited until after last night's game to sign Bajema, then his contract would not have been guaranteed for the season. They only used Bajema for blocking assignments last night anyway. I also thought that Rainey should have made the team. If JJ is going to be such a critical part of the offense, the Ravens needed to have another option to return punts/kick-offs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    That is another bone of contention that I have with the Ravens personnel choices. If they would have waited until after last night's game to sign Bajema, then his contract would not have been guaranteed for the season. They only used Bajema for blocking assignments last night anyway. I also thought that Rainey should have made the team. If JJ is going to be such a critical part of the offense, the Ravens needed to have another option to return punts/kick-offs.
    Cutting Rainey to keep Trawick.... SMH

I can understand not tweaking the gameplan in the moment and toward a reliance on a UDFA, but still...

BigPlayReceiver ‏@BigPlayReceiver 13m
    BAL WR Brown was covered by 2 DEN CBs; both < 6ft. Had 4 recs from 6 trgts, for 16.3 yds & 1 TD. Poor tactical use by Caldwell & Flacco...

Certainly, Brown will be one the focal points vs. CLE, right? UDFA be damned. He's a starter now.

BigPlayReceiver ‏@BigPlayReceiver 15m
    CLE's #2, 3 and 4 CBs are each listed 5'9. Shoot me in the face if Brown doesn't get at least 9 targets in week 2
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I can understand not tweaking the gameplan in the moment and toward a reliance on a UDFA, but still...

Certainly, Brown will be one the focal points vs. CLE, right? UDFA be damned. He's a starter now.
    He god damn better get targets next week or I'm gonna lose my shit
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I'm glad that Marlon got some play last night. I've been talking him up since we signed him in the offseason and now have my entire office singing his praises. He's going to have some good games and some down games, but I am sure that he may become a long term solution at #2 or #3 WR. Hell, he may just become 1B with Torrey.

Twitter was losing it last night with someone actually crying that we got rid of Doss and that was our problem. I mean, we have such an all world TE group, that couldn't possibly be the issue. Smh at these ledge sitting fans sometimes.

Blog Entries

When I favored Brown over Jones, some posters focused on my perceived 'hatred' for Jones, without recognizing that much of what I said held truth to it and we saw that last night. It will only get better for Brown.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When I favored Brown over Jones, some posters focused on my perceived 'hatred' for Jones, without recognizing that much of what I said held truth to it and we saw that last night. It will only get better for Brown.
    Well in JJ's defence he was making middle of the field catches last night. 3 catches on 4 targets is quite solid.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Jacoby was well on his way to a hell of a game himself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I have to say this was the most notable thing about the game for me up until the time he was injured. Jones ran some good routes, caught the ball with his hands, and even made a pretty tough catch on a ball thrown behind him over the middle..

I was thinking "wow"...

Hope he's back quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

:word

I was pleasantly surprised at how well he was doing over the middle of the field, and in general. Everything was clicking...until Trawick plowed into him.