Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: POS McKinnie

Re: POS McKinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    In hindsight, I'm thankful and amazed that he pulled it together for our SB run. He was a key piece for the OL in those 4 games. Now he can't pay a $21,000.00 debt and won't get another pro contract, how long before he is collecting welfare? It's a tragedy for a great talent, but one of his own making.
    It's so funny how people remember things. McKinnie's play during the playoff run was very erratic. His 2nd half against the 49ers was downright horrendous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    It's so funny how people remember things. McKinnie's play during the playoff run was very erratic. His 2nd half against the 49ers was downright horrendous.
    I think its funny how youre completely ignoring how the OL played without him leading up to those 4 games. what youre deeming erratic was still 1000x better than what we had prior and most definitely a key to Flacco being able to have the post season that he did.

Hate McKinnie all you want (and theres plenty as a fan), but I cant diminish his impact on that team.
    -JAB

I'm not suggesting he played great, but that line configuration worked better than they were going into the playoffs.

Blog Entries

I think moving KO to guard had more of an impact to the SB run than McKinnie to LT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think moving KO to guard had more of an impact to the SB run than McKinnie to LT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bingo. LG was a revolving door until KO could finally play where he should have been playing all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm not suggesting he played great, but that line configuration worked better than they were going into the playoffs.
    I agree, but that's because Oher and Osemele were forced to play out of position all season and LG was a nightmare. That was all due to McKinnie's failure to be a professional.

The fact that he finally came in and did his job adequately for the last 4 games does not make him a hero (as some paint him to be).

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think its funny how youre completely ignoring how the OL played without him leading up to those 4 games. what youre deeming erratic was still 1000x better than what we had prior and most definitely a key to Flacco being able to have the post season that he did.

Hate McKinnie all you want (and theres plenty as a fan), but I cant diminish his impact on that team.
    This. No one said he was the hero of the SB run, but he played well alongside KO for 4 of the most important games of the year. Give him credit for that.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    This. No one said he was the hero of the SB run, but he played well alongside KO for 4 of the most important games of the year. Give him credit for that.
    The Ravens committed to having McKinnie be their LT for the whole season. He completely let the team down. You don't give the guy credit because after 15 games he was ready to actually do his job. Here's my credit to McKinnie...he wasn't a fat, lazy SOB for the entire season, just the majority of it.

I prefer to give the actual credit to guys like KO and Oher who were there for this team and gave their all playing out of position for most of the season. Yes, the line play was subpar during the season. I just won't blame the guys who were out there doing the best they could in a rotten situation. I'll blame the guy who should have been out there, but wasn't.

Blog Entries

You don't give the guy credit because after 15 games he was ready to actually do his job.
    you do when that fat lazy guy plays better than the hard worker.

people hate it, but some guys are just better without trying than others that do. Youre suppose to field the best team on sundays regardless how that comes together. Harbaugh in this case was part of the problem by not being able to look past that. Thankfully he was able to when it mattered most (which was partly due to injury iirc).

I dont like every player thats ever dawned a ravens jersey, but just because i dont like a player doesnt mean i cant realize his contributions are needed. so dont like him because he wasnt out there for 15 weeks, thats good enough reason, but be happy he was for those last 4.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    you do when that fat lazy guy plays better than the hard worker.

people hate it, but some guys are just better without trying than others that do. Youre suppose to field the best team on sundays regardless how that comes together. Harbaugh in this case was part of the problem by not being able to look past that. Thankfully he was able to when it mattered most (which was partly due to injury iirc).

I dont like every player thats ever dawned a ravens jersey, but just because i dont like a player doesnt mean i cant realize his contributions are needed. so dont like him because he wasnt out there for 15 weeks, thats good enough reason, but be happy he was for those last 4.
    Maybe I was simply spoiled for so long with Ogden, but I truly was disgusted by our experiences with Gaither and McKinnie. That's why I wanted Monroe signed long term (no matter what the price was).

Blog Entries

Maybe I was simply spoiled for so long with Ogden, but I truly was disgusted by our experiences with Gaither and McKinnie. That's why I wanted Monroe signed long term (no matter what the price was).
    Money, I'm in your camp. BTW, Monroe was signed to a reasonable contract IMO... Bc

Blog Entries

I think we all were. Its hard to go from possibly the GOAT at LT to a bunch of talented guys that dont try. Its frustrating.
    -JAB