Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I think the Sun has got it right....

I think the Sun makes a lot of good points. Truth be told, I don't care what background the future head coach might be. Check out what Wade Phillips is doing in Dallas....let the Coordinator coordinate and focus on putting personnel in the best places for the group to do well.

Rex Ryan is, generally speaking, one of the best I've seen in that area. I'd be fine with him sticking around.

Many of the other points make sense....it's going to be a very interesting offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I think our next offseason pick should be Dante Scarnecchia. Tell me he isn't worth at least $1 million a year vs BB's $5 million.....
    Both of these offensive geniuses are on teams so loaded with talent I could be the offensive coordinator.

Pats: Brady, Moss, Maroney, Welker, Stallworth, Watson
    Vikings: Cunningham, Moss, Chris Carter, Robert Smith, Jake Reed, Andrew Glover

I'd argue that the Pats have more talent than the 98 Vikings.

[QUOTE=FellsPointRaven;59392]So you're telling me you'd rather have a coach quit on the team and effectively tell them they're not good enough to win certain games? One of Billick's strengths is motivating players - if he made changes that intentionally weakened the team while they still have a shot, it would be saying "I don't believe in this current team" and would lead to the players losing any confidence in him and what he has to say in the future.

Do you think in their heart of hearts these players haven't already figured out they aren't good enough to win certain games? I don't believe this is as simple as just motivating them. They are proud professionals they wouldn't go out there every Sunday and crap the bed if they could do otherwise. This year, this team simply isn't up to the task for a multitude of reasons. Besides if the players feel about Billick the same way the fans do I seriously doubt they are listening to him at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Both of these offensive geniuses are on teams so loaded with talent I could be the offensive coordinator.

Pats: Brady, Moss, Maroney, Welker, Stallworth, Watson
    Vikings: Cunningham, Moss, Chris Carter, Robert Smith, Jake Reed, Andrew Glover

I'd argue that the Pats have more talent than the 98 Vikings.
    I didn't reference him because I want him necessarily as the head coach (although he wouldn't be bad), but for his O-line coaching ability! Honestly, can you name a better O-line in the last 7yrs than the Patriots?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    So you're telling me you'd rather have a coach quit on the team and effectively tell them they're not good enough to win certain games? One of Billick's strengths is motivating players - if he made changes that intentionally weakened the team while they still have a shot, it would be saying "I don't believe in this current team" and would lead to the players losing any confidence in him and what he has to say in the future.

Although obviously rusty, if he stays healthy then J.O. will improve game by game and, THIS SEASON, gives us a better chance to win than, say Terry at LT and Yanda at RT. As I said in my above post, if and when we crash and burn in SD and against the Pats, then make changes.
    Brian IMO, has lost this team......I think that this loyalty to hurt/injured/non-productive players is what is killing this team! If I'm BB, I tell every player that I'm making changes to put us in a position to win, regardless of whether their tenured vets to green rooks....If you're not performing up to par, then you're getting benched, its as simple as that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I didn't reference him because I want him necessarily as the head coach (although he wouldn't be bad), but for his O-line coaching ability! Honestly, can you name a better O-line in the last 7yrs than the Patriots?
    You've got me signed up right there, I was actually talking about trying to steal the pats o-line coach with my brother just now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    You've got me signed up right there, I was actually talking about trying to steal the pats o-line coach with my brother just now.
    Sounds like a plan - but is this doable?

1 - Wouldn't we have to get the Pats' approval to sign him, unless it were a promotion?

2 - He's been up there for 24 years. Why should he move, unless it entailed a promotion and a serious raise?

3 - Given the Pats' current personnel and cap status, why would he walk away from a situation where he has a reasonable chance of playing for "One for the nipple" in a decade or two?

If these problems can be overcome, however, the idea sounds promising.

BS