Ban me if you must...but...

There are a few exceptions, but nearly everyone here trashed the Colts, the city of Indianapolis, and the Colts fans. There was no respect.

Now...after the Colts handled the #1 defense in the NFL, the general mood here is denial. Credit the Colts for the almost 8 minute drive at the end.

You want to blame the Ravens players, instead of giving the Colts defense credit for being better on this day.

Re: Ban me if you must...but...

Personally, I have not trashed the City of Indianapolis or its fans or media. From what I have read and heard on the radio, people out there seem rather nice. Call it mid west hospitality.

What we don't like is your owner, the owner's father, what happened 23 years ago, and the fact that the ownership of the Colts is trying to misrepresent the history of the Colts prior to 1984. The "Indianapolis Colts" did not win the 1958-59 championship, nor did they lose Super Bowl III or win Super Bowl V. The Baltimore Colts did. And that does not belong to you, your fans or your city. The ownership also continued to use symbols and the name which represents things from Maryland. Give us back what rightly belongs to us and we will call it a truce.

Your team played well enough to beat us yesterday, because our offense goofed up and you have a terrific field goal kicker, probably the best in the NFL. Kudos to you.

I'll eat crow and admit the Colts played a good game. Moving from the 1 yard line to get a field goal after McNair's interception was demoralizing to our defense and I think the major turning point in the game. Nice game Colts, but I still don't see you getting to the Super Bowl.

Respect goes to the Colts, but they DID NOT handle the best defense in the NFL. The Ravens offense just played terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy View Post
    Respect goes to the Colts, but they DID NOT handle the best defense in the NFL. The Ravens offense just played terribly.
    :hammer: You hit that nail right on the head!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

6. Re: Ban me if you must...but...

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy View Post
    pretty sure the colts D had something to do with that... and yes the colts handled the D on the last drive, but thats about it. the ravens D is like a brick wall

The Refs had a lot to do with our Defense getting screwed. How many times did Tarik Glenn hold Suggs and not get a flag thrown???? Then they finally call it late in the 3rd Quarter. The Refs call the holding early in the game, Glenn stops as he was caught, and Suggs is able to put more pressure on Manning. I'm not making excuses (even thought is sounds as if I am) but our Defense was being held hostage by the Refs and their lousy "view of the field".

As for our Offense we got beat plan and simple. We didn't run the ball well and Mike Anderson should have been put in earlier in the game as he had fresh legs. The Colts did this with Rhodes and it paid off as he got some yardage and kept the clock running. We couldn't get anything going downfield and had to keep calling short passes that got us no where.

The Colts out played us and out Coached us. The Refs just helped your Offense get it done with zippy problems.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Now...after the Colts handled the #1 defense in the NFL,
    Echoing others, Manning didn't handle shit. You won in spite of him.

I've been to Indy, mostly pleasant people there. No beef with them. At least those that were'nt in the white SUV at the stadium yesterday, flying a Colts banner and a...MAYFLOWER BANNER Those pricks should have had four tires sliced and four doors caved in.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012