Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Semi bright spots

1. Mike Anderson quietly served notice as to why he ought to be less under-utilized in the future.

2. When was the last time we had a kicker put five kickoffs into the end zone out of five tries? Oh, yeah... never.

Mr. Stover, tell Mrs. Stover to set another plate for Mr. Lloyd. You may just have found your new apprentice-eventual heir.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Re: Semi bright spots

There weren't realy any bright spots.

1) this team plays badly in the rain, especially McNair.

2) McNair arm still seems to be dead, and its preseason. The pass that was intercepted hung up there forever. Even if it had hit Williams it would have been a jump ball situation for how long it hung up there.

3) The O-Line showed its youth

4) Troy Smith really needs play actiong & passing lanes to get anything done, and Olson showed nothing

5) Yamon Figurs continues to be mediocre beside 1 kick return where his speed was handy

You had but to watch the other sideline to see the biggest, hugest bright spot we could possibly hope for:
    No injuries.

I just can't care too much about the rest of it. Troy Smith looked fine at the end of the game. Last week Drew Olson looked fine at the end of the game. Coincidence? I think not.

It's preseason. Everybody remember to breathe. We have *never* as far as I can recall done well with Billick in the preseason. Whatever anyone says officially, I do not think the coaching staff is running plays designed to win the game. They are focusing on other things, which is fine with me.

Our record over the last few years during the *regular* season is all the evidence I need not to worry during the preseason.

NO INJURIES is the only priority.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter
    Making statements like number 2 show that you really need to learn a lot more about the game before making such totally false claims.
    Listen up Dave, and learn from our resident football expert.

There were injuries to the ravens tho last night

Mark Clayton and Samari Rolle Both have ankle injuries

I am :ihope: those are not injuries that will interfere with the regular season.

Certainly they were overshadowed by the injuries on the other side of the ball, but you are right about my purple glasses overlooking what could be more serious then it appeared. . .
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The bright spots were few and far btn.

1. Mike Anderson - only RB to have any success last night
    2. Troy Smith - looks OK out of the pocket, but not too sharp in the pocket
    3. Rhyees Lloyd - looked really good for having no camp. But there is no way we keep 2 K on the roster.

They have a LOT of work btn now and the opener at Cincy.

FM

If McNair had followed, or handed off to one of the backs and they had followed Gaither's block on the 4th and inches, they'd still be running. He blew his man at least eight yards off the line. Very impressive.

The game... very unimpressive for the most part. We'd better hope for good weather this season because these birds do not play in the rain.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The deep ball to Williams wasn't picked because of the arc, it was underthrown.

It was a poor decision to make the throw because given that he HAS TO put an arc on the ball the safety was too close and would get there in time. Beyond that, since it was underthrown it allowed the CB who had been beaten to close and make the interception while the safety closed in behind the play.

It was a horrible decision coupled with a bad throw. Can't spin it any other way.

well put tex ritter i agree some just dont know the game and how its played mcnair will be fine as well as willis and the rest of the team i dont like troy smith at all and wish they woiuld have threw the ball more with olsen and lets see what we are really getting out of him we have 2 more games left of preseason lets hope for no injuries and to start the regular season 1 and 0

Thumbs down Re: Semi bright spots

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    well put tex ritter i agree some just dont know the game and how its played mcnair will be fine as well as willis and the rest of the team i dont like troy smith at all and wish they woiuld have threw the ball more with olsen and lets see what we are really getting out of him we have 2 more games left of preseason lets hope for no injuries and to start the regular season 1 and 0
    Freakin' great. A Tex Ritter fan who doesn't even use punctuation.

Tex is **killing** this board and I blame the mod.s, with humble apologies and thanks for all their hard work, for letting him kill every thread he posts in.

Great.

By the way all of you, it was *preseason* - as someone who "knows the game" should know - so please do not worry about this play or that play. Worry about injuries.
    Festivus

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    The bright spots were few and far btn.

1. Mike Anderson - only RB to have any success last night
    2. Troy Smith - looks OK out of the pocket, but not too sharp in the pocket
    3. Rhyees Lloyd - looked really good for having no camp. But there is no way we keep 2 K on the roster.

They have a LOT of work btn now and the opener at Cincy.

FM
    I don't see why not, we've done it in the past.

And that'd mean we'd have a Brit on the roster, which you know has to be good.