Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Billick calls out Flacco for comments

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/t...omments-091712

This week, we saw Joe Flacco rip into the replacement refs during his postgame press conference regarding an offensive pass-interference penalty.......

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Re: Billick calls out Flacco for comments

I disagree with Billick about the offensive pass interference call, but agree with him that Flacco needs to shut up and play better.

dungy said the same thing. i thought flacco was very diplomatic and spoke for the fans as well whne speaking of the integrity of the game. as far as the offensive pass interference, i disagree with dungy and billick.

as far as flacco playing better, i donlt see how you are supposed to complete passes whne your receivers don;t get seperation and your O-Line has you scrambling for your life.

i believe in stability when it comes to coaching and i credit the ravens for their patience but not of call a running play on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 when the eagles DL is over pursuing and you are sitting on 2 timeouts is just stupid play calling.

Blog Entries
    Good article. I hate the call but the Dcouldve stopped them from the scoring drive and the offense could've gotten into field gol range. It wasn't the last play of the game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    dungy said the same thing. i thought flacco was very diplomatic and spoke for the fans as well whne speaking of the integrity of the game. as far as the offensive pass interference, i disagree with dungy and billick.
    Flacco has to play in front of those refs again next week. Do you think it is a smart or dumb move to draw that kind of attention to yourself and your team?

Complaining about the refs doesn't accomplish anything positive. But I am sure they will make extra sure all his linemen are lined up and set properly, no one is in motion that shouldn't be in motion, etc. Get ready for a lot of extra ticky tack calls next week.

Ray Lewis said the same thing. Stupid for the present time, and smart for later when (HOPEFULLY) the real refs come back. They've got to, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Ray Lewis said the same thing. Stupid for the present time, and smart for later when (HOPEFULLY) the real refs come back. They've got to, right?
    No they don't got to. The replacement refs can turn into permanent refs. Just like Kevin Millar, the scab who wouldn't go away.

Cowboy up!

Blog Entries

I agree with Billick. It just comes off bad if you are a player saying stuff like that. I agree with Flacco, but the media will take off and run with his comments like they already have.

Funny how Dungy, Pereira, and now Billick have all said the penalty was legit yet some still can't accept it ...

As for Billick's comments on Joe, he's flat out correct. In the end, it comes across as whiny and making excuses. I usually back Joe when he makes his bold comments but not this time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pereirahave all said the penalty was legit yet some still can't accept it ...
    wrong

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira

Defender is not playing ball. Doesn't appear to be OPI. RT @nate_friedman: What about the offensive PI on Jones negating a TD?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Funny how Dungy, Pereira, and now Billick have all said the penalty was legit yet some still can't accept it ...

As for Billick's comments on Joe, he's flat out correct. In the end, it comes across as whiny and making excuses. I usually back Joe when he makes his bold comments but not this time.
    Where's your source for Pereira? I can't access Twitter on this computer but I pulled up his comment from last night on my phone:

@nate_friedman What about the offensive PI on Jones negating a TD?
    @MikePereira Defender is not playing ball. Doesn't appear to be OPI.

I have yet to hear a compelling defense of the penalty. It was ridiculous especially given the fact that Asomugha clearly interfered with Jones on the same play before the so-called "push off."

Blog Entries

Pereira > all other source on reffing

The play was obviously not OPI.