Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roster Moves

Roster Moves

Ravens Roster Moves

The Ravens have placed the following players on injured reserve:

Marshal Yanda (G, 6-3, 310, 2nd-year, Iowa) – Knee: Yanda is expected to have surgery soon.

Tavares Gooden (LB, 6-1, 235, Rookie, Miami) – Hip

Baltimore also signed the following players to the active roster from its practice squad:

Edgar Jones (TE, 6-3, 263, 2nd-year, Southeast Missouri) – Bio is on page 117 of the Ravens 2008 media guide.

Ernie Wheelright (WR, 6-5, 220, Rookie, Minnesota) – Bio is on page 250 of the Ravens 2008 media guide.

The Ravens have signed the following players to their practice squad:

Derrick Roberson (DB, 5-9, 182, Rookie, Rutgers)

Brian Johnson (G, 6-4, 307, Rookie, LSU)

Re: Roster Moves

This may have been reported but I haven't seen it: exactly what did Yanda do to his knee? Was it torn ACL, MCL, all of the above? All I saw reported was that it was a "serious knee injury".

Signs point to ACL obviously, but was there any further damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    This may have been reported but I haven't seen it: exactly what did Yanda do to his knee? Was it torn ACL, MCL, all of the above? All I saw reported was that it was a "serious knee injury".

Signs point to ACL obviously, but was there any further damage?
    - Baltimore Ravens starting right offensive guard Marshal Yanda is out for the season with torn ligaments in his shredded right knee, a major setback as it removes one of the most physical blockers from the offensive line.

Yanda suffered damage to his anterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and lateral collateral ligament with the team awaiting final results from a magnetic resonance imaging exam to confirm the initial diagnosis. He will require surgery, will be placed on injured reserve and faces a lengthy, grueling rehabilitation period to try to return for next season.

Not good at all.

PP

My sister tore everything in her knee and it ended her Lax career in college. She still has issues to this day.

Jesus. Wow that really sucks for him.... and us.

Nice to see Wheelright on the active roster, hope he gets a chance to see the field.

Knee surguries have come a long way since back in the day, and are a little different on a guy than a gal as far as structure and angles. I heard on the internet.

Even the nastiest knee shredding like to one Willis McGahee, has been reversed by modern medical marvels.

Good to see Jones back. Chester is not really going to play special team or anything like Jones on special teams, and is not much better a blocker.

Well the other big difference in medicine is the MONEY that the Teams and Players have to invest in the repairs... If it was you or I we would not be walking for a long time due to cost. I am glad Sports Medicine is paving the way for treatments that become standard. We might not see the same level of care that the players get this year, however we will benefit one day down the road.

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Sweet. Dallas gets Roy Williams, and we sign Ernie Cartwright.

I'd say it's a wash.

Stinger, that was the funniest comment I have heard in awhile; I like the sarcasm.

10. Re: Roster Moves

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Sweet. Dallas gets Roy Williams, and we sign Ernie Cartwright.

I'd say it's a wash.
    And considering that Williams cost Dallas a 1st, 3rd and 6th round pick and Wheelright cost us his salary I'd say we won.

Williams is a FA at the end of this year so Dallas may have just given up 3 picks for 6 months. I'd expect them to get a deal done but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    And considering that Williams cost Dallas a 1st, 3rd and 6th round pick and Wheelright cost us his salary I'd say we won.

Williams is a FA at the end of this year so Dallas may have just given up 3 picks for 6 months. I'd expect them to get a deal done but you never know.
    Well, there is no way in the world that Dallas goes into a deal giving up what they did not believing that Williams will sign a deal at the end of the season. Jerry Jones is a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them.

There is no way Roy Williams goes anywhere else after the season barring a meltdown with the team.

If Willis is banged up why not get that kid we stole from DC on the active roster? Mason?
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998