Page 266 of 333 FirstFirst ... 264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,192 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Nice athlete. Average WR.
    The only thing first-roundish about him is his height.
    Otherwise, he is the master of the 5 yard route.
    We have been in total agreement about Allen this whole time. I REALLY am not understanding what people are seeing in him. I'm glad someone as proficient as you seems to see the same things I see. Based on the tape I've watched I see basically a small TE with very average speed and explosion out of his breaks, who does little to separate or really make much happen after the catch.

You turn on his game film and all you see is 5 yard curls, 8 yard ins, a few screens, etc... I am just not seeing a guy worthy of a top-20 pick, much less a first rounder at all. If a guy isn't very explosive and isn't very technically proficient what in the world are you getting from him? It's like everyone in the scouting community got together and decided that they were going to pimp Keenan Allen to anybody who would listen. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Does anyone think Jamarcus Russell gets a tryout?

Frankly, if I were the Browns, Jets, Cardinals, or Chiefs I would definitely be interested.

1. He is going to cost next to nothing.
    2. He does have talent...he just never worked for it. Maybe now he will.
    3. At worst, he is a back up QB.

It is a win-win for all parties involved. Getting a motivated guy with that kind of an arm on him could be a really good thing.
    Well I guess if you're in the market for a lightning in a bottle why not?

Blog Entries

Frankly, if I were the Browns, Jets, Cardinals, or Chiefs I would definitely be interested.

It is a win-win for all parties involved. Getting a motivated guy with that kind of an arm on him could be a really good thing.
    Maybe he could play left tackle.

Blog Entries

At worst they don't sign him.

It's so hard to know because he was such a head case. This is a guy who put a whole offense on his back in college against dominant defenses. He didn't have a runningback who he could count on. He didn't have a typical great LSU offensive line. It was just him and a couple of very good receivers making clutch plays.

Then he gets draft 1st overall and all that fire goes right out. Can he get it back again? Honestly I don't think so. Supposedly he's near 300 pounds down from 320 in the fall. He was 260 when he was drafted. If he was serious he'd be near that drafted weight. He's desperate but that doesn't mean he's motivated by the right things to play in the NFL.

5. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Potential early DL pick for Ravens in the 2013 NFL Draft?

Jesse Williams - DL - Alabama

iggyman555 Guest

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Ellerbe said on 105.7 that Ray and BA are both gone....assuming BA is retiring??????????

What a bust.

I got a retarded amount of flack on the old sunspot forum because I was adamently against DHB. Bad hands. Great speed.

So many wanted him as a Raven.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    The one time he had a semi-competent QB in Palmer he put up 64 receptions and 975 receiving yards. To put it in perspective, Torrey Smith hasn't surpassed either of those numbers. Palmer falls apart this year and his numbers go down again.

He was always over-drafted at 8th overall, no question about it. But with a real QB, drafted late first, early second? He'd be a much better player. He can still contribute, he's only 25.

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Ellerbe said on 105.7 that Ray and BA are both gone....assuming BA is retiring??????????
    Well Ozzie did mention recently that there were several players mulling retirement. I was thinking Birk at the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Yet still had 14 TDs. He improved on his drop issues. I think your opinion of Jones is outdated.
    Well when you have no choice but to throw to the mutha fucker so many times!!...........They couldn't bench him. They had injuries up the Lambeau.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    I think ba will be cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Implying that the Jets have a calculated plan to hold off on their rebuilding implies that the Jets actually have a plan.

And we all know they don't.

So I think it's safe to say that's not what he was implying!
    ...lol
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The one time he had a semi-competent QB in Palmer he put up 64 receptions and 975 receiving yards. To put it in perspective, Torrey Smith hasn't surpassed either of those numbers. Palmer falls apart this year and his numbers go down again.

He was always over-drafted at 8th overall, no question about it. But with a real QB, drafted late first, early second? He'd be a much better player. He can still contribute, he's only 25.
    Also a valid perspective.

When I watch him play, I see a track star in a football uniform. He can run the 9 route all day and he isn't bad a screen receiver. I just don't ever see him making consistent catches in traffic.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.