Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Go With Smith!!!!!

It won't happen, but clearly Smith should start for the rest of the season.

This team has so many holes it looks like Swiss cheese. They might as well play Smith and see how he does in a few games of live action. At worst, he stinks. At best, he might show enough where you consider having him compete for the starting job next year. Hopefully in a non-Billick offense. :bag:

I cant believe it took this long for you guys to wake the F up.

When do we cut this turkey! and please spare us with we got to keep him because he *knows* the system, he cleary doesn't
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Buy a ticket for Boller and Billck to get out of town. Boller is scared to death out there

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post

When do we cut this turkey! and please spare us with we got to keep him because he *knows* the system, he cleary doesn't
    Speaking of waking up, is it okay to be concerned about this year's team now, crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post

I concede. The Boller we saw on Monday is clearly NOT the Boller we will see every week. I wanted the guy to turn the corner.

I guess we can invite the artist formally known as Tex back to the forums now.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

The Ravens need to go into evaluation mode with everyone except Kyle Boller, because he has been the same for 5 years--a backup, but not a full time starter.

The Ravens probably will draft a top QB in the off season because every successful NFL team that wins playoffs and Super Bowls has one.

McNair should not be back under any circumstance because there is no upside in using him or keeping him. Band-aid personnel is not the way to go.

With all said, we will see how much Billick will do alternating personnel in the next 3 games. If they feel they must go out with at least 1 win in the next few games, we may not see Troy Smith, which would be a shame because we might lose him the same way we lost Derek Anderson.

At this point try anything. Let fans come in and try to make some plays. ANYTHING!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Originally Posted by TTRaven
    It's simple, we would hopefully be plugging in a QB who knows what the hell he is doing! I get so tired of the offensive line excuse. Every NFL QB has their protection break down. It's what they do when that happens that makes them a legit NFL QB. Kyle Boller simply has no clue of what to do when under pressure. Go back and watch what Manning did when he was under pressure. He stepped up in the pocket and made something happen. Boller has no pocket awareness. It's either drop back and throw, or tuck and run the second protection begins to break down. He just doesn't have what it takes. It's time to take a chance on another young QB who has the intangibles that Boller doesn't have.

Ok fine, but don't give me the Peyton Manning shit. How many times was he remotely hurried last night?? NONE! How many times was Peyton Manning sacked yesterday? NONE!

DON"T EVEN ATTEMPT to confuse Boller's shitty play yesterday with anything we tried and failed to do on defense to Peyton Manning. Please don't.

What happens when you hurry or pressure Peyton Manning? He throws 6 interceptions and gets rattled. That is a FACT.

- OK I won't give you any of that "Peyton Manning" shit; I will give you some of that Troy Smith shit instead. Behind that same line that Boller played behind, feeling the same pressure from a 3rd string defense that Boller played against until he was yanked, Troy Smith, who hasn't played a down in a live NFL game until last night, was able to make a play, or actually several plays, under pressure that Boller could not.

Boller has all the "stat sheet" characteristics of a qb - tall, strong arm, perfect qb build.

Smith does not have the "stat sheet" characteristics.

Smith has the know-how and competitive mindset.

Boller has the knowledge that he shouldn't have been drafted as high as he was and is still resting on his "stat sheet" laurels that his agent was able to use to swindle Billick into falling in love with him at the combine.

At this point, Smith wins the job for the rest of the season.

Why can't we blame a single wrong on Boller in some of you guy's minds? He has done NOTHING thus far in his career. No playoffs, no meaningful victories. NOTHING - except waste the productive careers of Ray Lewis and Jonathon Ogden (and Jamal Lewis to a degree; 2000 yards as a human battering ram is inhuman).

I still support McNair, even as a backup; if we have learned anything from the Boller fiasco, we need to groom a young gun behind a vet. Restructure McNair's contract and ensure he is healthy and bring him back. He did much better in the 20+ games for the Ravens than Boller has his whole career.

Why can't we blame a single wrong on Boller in some of you guy's minds? He has done NOTHING thus far in his career. No playoffs, no meaningful victories. NOTHING - except waste the productive careers of Ray Lewis and Jonathon Ogden (and Jamal Lewis to a degree; 2000 yards as a human battering ram is inhuman).
    Nice post. Its a shame that Ogden didnt get another super bowl. The only bright side is that they did have one good year.

Quote Originally Posted by purple bird View Post
    OK I won't give you any of that "Peyton Manning" shit; I will give you some of that Troy Smith shit instead. Behind that same line that Boller played behind, feeling the same pressure from a 3rd string defense that Boller played against until he was yanked, Troy Smith, who hasn't played a down in a live NFL game until last night, was able to make a play, or actually several plays, under pressure that Boller could not.
    I'll remember you said that if Troy Smith starts next week and loses to Miami.

Listen to me very fucking carefully, because you didn't the first time. I AM NOT AGAINST STARTING TROY SMITH.

Let me repeat that, so that it sinks in for you.

I AM NOT AGAINST STARTING TROY SMITH.

Did you get it that time?

Now, that said, Smith has to come in and run the exact same "Run up the middle, Run up the middle, Short pass" offense that Billick can't seem to get away from. And so after some short success, the defense will figure out how to stop us, and we'll keep going nowhere fast.

BILLICK HAS TO GIVE UP THE OFFENSE OR THIS WILL ONCE AGAIN BE FOR NOTHING.

BILLICK HAS TO GIVE UP THE OFFENSE.

One last time, just for effect:

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'll remember you said that if Troy Smith starts next week and loses to Miami.

Listen to me very fucking carefully, because you didn't the first time. I AM NOT AGAINST STARTING TROY SMITH.

Let me repeat that, so that it sinks in for you.

I AM NOT AGAINST STARTING TROY SMITH.

Did you get it that time?

Now, that said, Smith has to come in and run the exact same "Run up the middle, Run up the middle, Short pass" offense that Billick can't seem to get away from. And so after some short success, the defense will figure out how to stop us, and we'll keep going nowhere fast.

BILLICK HAS TO GIVE UP THE OFFENSE OR THIS WILL ONCE AGAIN BE FOR NOTHING.

One last time, just for effect:

I am confused. What is it you are trying to say?

Yes play Smith the rest of the year. We all know now Boller isn't worth anything can't believe they signed him for another year.

I don't care if we lose three (3) games with Troy Smith but as a season ticket holder who feel that I totally wasted my money this year I want to see Smith play. Hey we already are laughed at all over the NFL.

Can't wait to hear Billick's press conference today. Hey if you take the tape of the past three it will most likely be the same shit from Billick.

Play Troy Smith and start the rebuilding.