Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Three years from now who will be your favorite Raven from this draft class?

I'm going to give a slight edge to John Simon over Brandon Williams.

By the way, did you see Mel Kiper's comment shortly after the pick that he thought the Ravens would move Brandon Williams to offensive line? Anyone know where Mel got this?

When I looked at tape on Simon he immediately reminded me of Jarret Johnson. It's funny, this morning on his radio show Steve Davis was blasting people for making that comparison, saying that because they are both white linebackers people want to compare them.

While I recognize that happens sometimes with black quarterbacks, for instance, I don't really think that's the only reason why the JJ comparison -- which the team themselves already made -- is apt.

Simon was a highly respected mature team captain at OSU, and only the eighth two-time captain in school history (first since James Laurinaitis). JJ is stil the only two-time team captain ever at Alabama. So both come from big time programs and grew up in gritty football hotbeds (JJ from near Gainesville and Simon from Youngstown). Both played on the defensive line but can stand up and rush from a two point stance. Both are considered average athletically but stand out for non-stop motors. And both play with a fairly upright stance -- look at Simon on film and you'll see the physical similarities. So, sorry Steve Davis, but the dismissive comment about the similarities ending with skin color are pretty dumb. Hey, no one is comparing Simon to Paul Kruger, are they?

If you haven't already seen the YouTube video of Urban Meyer talking about Simon, it's worth a look.

That all said, who do you think will end up as our favorite from this group of ten?

Re: Three years from now who will be your favorite Raven from this draft class?

Arthur Brown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Arthur Brown.
    +1 I think he's going to be a stud.

Aaron Mellette
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I like Brandon Williams already. Seems like a really nice guy who was recently cleaning porta pottys. As a short powerful fire plug, he's a NT. I don't see him on the OL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm going to give a slight edge to John Simon over Brandon Williams.

By the way, did you see Mel Kiper's comment shortly after the pick that he thought the Ravens would move Brandon Williams to offensive line? Anyone know where Mel got this?
    Nah, he was saying that a bunch of teams worked him out at guard because he has the right size and shape for it.

Blog Entries

Kyle J. (still can't spell his last name :) ) I think his versatility will be a big plus. Special Teams, Full back, H-Back, and TE. I can see the crowd going nuts when he catches the ball, and some poor Dback tries to tackle a bowling ball :D ... Bc

Blog Entries

For right now, I am going to go with Brandon Williams. A man whose worked a job like that is a man I can more likely respect, because he'll more likely appreciate the opportunity that the Ravens are giving him. Thus, making the most of it and kicking ass.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Arthur Brown for me. I think he is special in the sense of becoming the star out of this class. Brandon Williams a close second.

A fan favorite I can see being Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Arthur Brown for me. I think he is special in the sense of becoming the star out of this class. Brandon Williams a close second.

A fan favorite I can see being Simon.
    I second that, Arthur Brown really intrigues me
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

Such a good top end of the draft it's to tough to call. If I had to pick it will be down to the two 4th rounders Juice and Simon. I think both will grow on people fast.

Blog Entries
    Juice!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!