Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Arm going Forwad, Hmmm Intentional Grounding!?!?!?!

yeah, i dont think the Regs miss that one. its not like he was hit from behind and the ball went forward which would be understandable. He got hit in the front and the ball went forward. thats defying physics at that point to call it a fumble. Regs wouldnt have missed that one.

I do think he was inside the tackle box so it should have been intentional grounding since it didnt make it to the LOS. i think thats a stupid rule though to be honest. When getting hit its kind of hard to ask them to continue their pass as if they arent getting hit.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The regular refs wouldn't have ruled it a fumble. It was obvious it wasn't a fumble. The ball went like 10 yards forward.
    A pee wee football ref wouldn't rule that ball a fumble. It doesn't get much clearer than that

Yesterday was a good reminder on how much we should be missing the refs currently on strike. That was an unecessary call and clearly an incomplete pass. The game dragged on way too long. The call on Jacoby was definately questionable in light of the fact that the Eagles DB were mugging our receivers all day.

knowing these refs they probably believe as long as the ball rolls past the line of scrimmage its OK. I didn;t hink vick was out ot the tackle box but the announcers never broght up the issue either.

When someone is dragging you to the ground as you throw the ball forward, I would like to see you throw it where you want to.

In order to take judgement calls out of the game, that was rightly called an incomplete pass.

No objective viewer thinks that was intentional grounding. Hell, most Ravens fans don't either.

[QUOTE=Raveninwoodlawn;488443]When someone is dragging you to the ground as you throw the ball forward, I would like to see you throw it where you want to.

In order to take judgement calls out of the game, that was rightly called an incomplete pass.

No objective viewer thinks that was intentional grounding. Hell, most Ravens fans don't either.[/QUOTE]

With the Op being in the minority..smh

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    When someone is dragging you to the ground as you throw the ball forward, I would like to see you throw it where you want to.

No objective viewer thinks that was intentional grounding. Hell, most Ravens fans don't either.
    But thats the point. You're not supposed to be able to just push the ball forward in the midst of being hit to no one in order to avoid a sack. The ball never reached the 1 yard line (LOS) which meant it was grounding. However, because it was originally called incorrectly, they couldn't call grounding.

I thought it was intentional grounding. In fact, I thought that's exactly the kind of play for which they introduced the concept of intentional grounding.

It was the worst-officiated football game I've ever seen, at any level. Setting aside the bad calls and non-calls, the inability of the refs to move smoothly from one play to the next was a disgrace to the NFL.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I can't believe this thread still has legs:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I can't believe this thread still has legs:grbac:
    Feel free to go discuss important things like Cam Cameron in some other thread, if you want.

/shrug
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    But thats the point. You're not supposed to be able to just push the ball forward in the midst of being hit to no one in order to avoid a sack. The ball never reached the 1 yard line (LOS) which meant it was grounding. However, because it was originally called incorrectly, they couldn't call grounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I thought it was intentional grounding. In fact, I thought that's exactly the kind of play for which they introduced the concept of intentional grounding.

It was the worst-officiated football game I've ever seen, at any level. Setting aside the bad calls and non-calls, the inability of the refs to move smoothly from one play to the next was a disgrace to the NFL.
    How many times have QB's like Vick and Ben completed passes while being hit like that?

And you are COMPLETELY leaving it up to a judgemental call there. Who's to say if he wasn't getting hit/dragged down that the ball would have made it to the LOS, or even to McCoy who was standing in the corner on that side at the goal line?

The rules are set up to try and take those judgemental calls out...that's why there is the tuck rule.

I don't have a problem with the call, and those plays that happen like that are RARELY, if ever called intentional grounding by the other refs or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Feel free to go discuss important things like Cam Cameron in some other thread, if you want.

/shrug
    Nah. I'll keep posting here. Thanks