Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Terrible towel curse?

I knew he either had a fan throw it at him or he got it under "good" circumstances. Ray Rice is too nice of a guy to be an asshole with their piss towel.

This is the same guy who said we can't beat them last year and look what happend. He's a complete idiot. Plain and simple. He's the one who should be sorry when he comes to our turf.

I guess the curse was lifted before Housh caught the game winner against the Stillers.

"I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you." Says the Lord.

Curses don't work on believers and Ray is a believer.

Blog Entries

"Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."

John Wayne as Captain Nathan Brittles in She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.

Especially when:

1) You did nothing wrong, and
    2) you are discussing a dish rag.

These stealer fans are complete and utter idiots, thinking some yellow dish rag is to be treated like a holy relic. Just another exmple of the arrogance of a front running, band wagon fan base.
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 11-22-2012 at 03:06 AM.

This is an actual post on PFT. I think I can actually hear nickster31 breathing through his mouth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...amarr-woodley/

nickster31 says: Nov 20, 2012 12:29 PM
    For those of you that don’t know, the Towel, which was created by the late Myron Cope, is owned by Allegheny Valley School, and the proceeds go to supporting the 1,000+ students who are either mentally challenged or have a physical defect.
    To disgrace the Towel is more than simply disgracing the Steelers, but to slap in the face of those kids.
    Reality is, when people disrespect the Towel, BAD things happen to them. In more cases than mentioned above, other teams have disrespected and paid the price as well.
    Rice will see. This IS going to be bad for him.
    Last edited by CRZA938; 11-22-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Jamie Dukes chimes in. Insightful as always.

“History shows that when you disrespect the towel, bad luck comes your way,” analyst Jamie Dukes said in this video that reviews the history of the Terrible Towel curse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    This is an actual post on PFT. I think I can actually hear nickster31 breathing through his mouth.

For those of you that don’t know, the Towel, which was created by the late Myron Cope, is owned by Allegheny Valley School, and the proceeds go to supporting the 1,000+ students who are either mentally challenged or have a physical defect.
    To disgrace the Towel is more than simply disgracing the Steelers, but to slap in the face of those kids.
    Reality is, when people disrespect the Towel, BAD things happen to them. In more cases than mentioned above, other teams have disrespected and paid the price as well.
    and yet, if some OTHER team decides to wave a towel around, "It's a Steeler thing!" Can't have it both ways...either it's a towel to raise money for that and anyone can do it without getting shit, or it's a Steeler thing and dragging it through the mud just shits on the Steelers.

In any case, he wasn't disrespecting it, he traded his gloves with a fan for their towel. What does THAT say about how their fan views their towel, eh?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Yes, Woodley, those are your toes you're tasting...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post

I wonder how many of the yinzers actually know that it does benefit a charity. Fuck the towel. Ray didn't do anything disrespectful. And if Steeler fans want to bitch, they should blame the front runner that traded it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    We have burned one before every Piss/Raven game the last 3 years. It doesn't seem to make a difference..OR MAYBE IT DOES!!!
    Maybe we ARE supposed to burn them!
    Some guys lit one on fire on the steps near my seats 2 years ago. Pussy Yinzers (to whom the towel did not even belong in the first place) texted it into the M&T "help-my-sorry-ass" line, but then chickened out when it came time to i.d. the arsonists. But Lord the toxic black polyester smoke that jizz rag pumped out was beyond pollution!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    These stealer fans are complete and utter idiots, thinking some yellow dish rag is to be treated like a holy relic. Just another exmple of the arrogance of a front running, band wagon fan base.
    <3 you to [FILTH]bag.

Regardless, we have no beef with him, since he meant no disrespect.