Page 1 of 76 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

As of right now the NFL, NFLPA, a slew of players and the owners of the Giants, Falcons, 49ers and Dolphins have all addressed Trump's comment on the NFL. Trump has since addressed the comments made by the NFL.

Tomorrow the Ravens and Jaguars are going to be getting a lot extra international attention. They can't just bury what has become the biggest story of the year. Both Bisciotti and Khan had made comments about signing Kaepernick during training camp. They are as close to this issue as any owners in the entire league. There needs to be some sort of statement from each. Even better would be for both owners to hold a joint press conference and address this together.

If the NFL wants to put their best foot forward in the UK they can't just pretend this hasn't happened. Steve Bisciotti and Shahid Khan are the ambassadors of the NFL for this event. Gentleman, make thoughts known. The world is watching.

Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

I hope he rips Trump a new asshole. "Those sons of bitches". What a piece of garbage
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

3. Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

The amazing thing to me is that the owners are willing to watch their multi-billion dollar industry go into the crapper over this issue. Every article pretty clearly states the demographics of the situation. If the owners don't lay down the law, I have a feeling that this anti-NFL attitude that is starting to take hold around the country just grows.

As far as the players union goes, they are out of their freaking minds. There isn't 1% out of the players that could be pulling down 10% of what they make on the outside of the NFL. Yet, here they are, biting the hand that feeds them. I guess they are too freaking stupid to figure out that they are insulting the very people they count on to watch the games they are playing so that they can collect their outsized salaries?

If either the owners or the Players Union don't get some adults in the room fairly quickly, I would guess that you will see some radical realignments coming in the league as bankruptcies start occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    The amazing thing to me is that the owners are willing to watch their multi-billion dollar industry go into the crapper over this issue. Every article pretty clearly states the demographics of the situation. If the owners don't lay down the law, I have a feeling that this anti-NFL attitude that is starting to take hold around the country just grows.

As far as the players union goes, they are out of their freaking minds. There isn't 1% out of the players that could be pulling down 10% of what they make on the outside of the NFL. Yet, here they are, biting the hand that feeds them. I guess they are too freaking stupid to figure out that they are insulting the very people they count on to watch the games they are playing so that they can collect their outsized salaries?

If either the owners or the Players Union don't get some adults in the room fairly quickly, I would guess that you will see some radical realignments coming in the league as bankruptcies start occurring.
    Do you really expect anything differently from the NFLPA? I mean in their statement they say constitutionally protected rights there is no constitutional right to protest at your place of business it's no wonder the NFL eats their lunch every time the CBA is negotiated they are clueless on labor law.

They also talk about Trump comments being divisive ignoring the fact they are the ones kneeling during the anthem and it was their divisive actions that started the entire thing.

5. Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Well, he could and get twitter and all the people who don't watch or attend football games to love him for two mins. Then 2 weeks later he can see attendance at his home game drop to 50k people.

I cannot understate what a looming disaster this is for the NFL. There is no scenario where they don't lose fans or viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Well, he could and get twitter and all the people who don't watch or attend football games to love him for two mins. Then 2 weeks later he can see attendance at his home game drop to 50k people.

I cannot understate what a looming disaster this is for the NFL. There is no scenario where they don't lose fans or viewership.
    The nfl will be fine. Season tix are already sold they still make millions on tv deals.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The nfl will be fine. Season tix are already sold they still make millions on tv deals.

TV ratings were at a 20 year low last week. NFL cash cow is going to dry up if ratings don't reverse course. And Goodell seems to be completely tone deaf and in over his head.

Actually the costs have been hidden because they've been transferred onto their tv partners. Wait until they have to renegotiate estimates have their partners losing more then 200 million this season.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Actually the costs have been hidden because they've been transferred onto their tv partners. Wait until they have to renegotiate estimates have their partners losing more then 200 million this season.
    Plus ESPN is in a downward spiral from customers cord cutting. ESPN is going to have to pay a lower rate for rights in the future or have to choose between the NBA or NFL. Pretty soon ESPN won't have money for both unless it is at a reduced cost.

10. Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Dude... tv ratings down over 10% in the last 12 mos. There was a game in SF on a thurs nite that had maybe 28k fans there. The Ravens home opener (that I was at had btw) had just north of 60k fans there (there are 70k seats).

Tickets may be sold, but owners sure as hell bank on the beers and food they sell at the stadiums and advertising revenue from TV. No advertiser will be paying top dollar for when people aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Plus ESPN is in a downward spiral from customers cord cutting. ESPN is going to have to pay a lower rate for rights in the future or have to choose between the NBA or NFL. Pretty soon ESPN won't have money for both unless it is at a reduced cost.
    That's sort of the problem as well for the NFL the ratings just aren't at a 20 year low they are on the decline which doesn't make their TV deal an attractive asset. I mean it's still the NFL but the salary cap 20 years ago was 30 million there are going to be a bunch of NFL players who wished they stood.

12. Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I mean it's still the NFL but the salary cap 20 years ago was 30 million there are going to be a bunch of NFL players who wished they stood.
    I really don't think these guys have a clue who is actually paying their salaries. The owners and GM's decide on the contract length and amounts, but it's the comman man or woman paying for it by supporting the league by attending games or watching them on tv. That is completely and totally lost on the Colin Kapernick, Michael Bennett and Torrey Smith's of the world. They have no concept of what a free market is or how money is distributed. I really think they just assume it falls from the sky.