Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens sign CB Chris Johnson

Just FYI, Smith has just had groin surgery & will be out 4-6 weeks. Chicken&egg situation, maybe--did they sign Johnson because they knew Jimmy needed surgery, or did signing Johnson shore up the DB depth enough that they were willing to take a chance on life without a gimpy Jimmy Smith for the rest of the season?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Fabe was no were near as bad as Walker PI.
    For that matter, used properly, Walker wasn't as bad as his "Walker PI" reputation--his forte was jamming slot receivers but he got pressed into service on the outside where the opponents' best WRs would beat him like a rented mule.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Just FYI, Smith has just had groin surgery & will be out 4-6 weeks. Chicken&egg situation, maybe--did they sign Johnson because they knew Jimmy needed surgery, or did signing Johnson shore up the DB depth enough that they were willing to take a chance on life without a gimpy Jimmy Smith for the rest of the season?
    Wow brother, you should read a few more post before hacking away at keys. Most of this thread is about Jimmy having Surgery and being out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Wow brother, you should read a few more post before hacking away at keys. Most of this thread is about Jimmy having Surgery and being out.
    Um, sorry, but you're wrong. I looked through the entire thread & only posted this when I saw there had been no mention of the surgery herein. You must be confusing this thread with Luke Daniel's "Jimmy Smith Has Had Groin Surgery" thread.

Blog Entries

Um, sorry, but you're wrong. I looked through the entire thread & only posted this when I saw there had been no mention of the surgery herein. You must be confusing this thread with Luke Daniel's "Jimmy Smith Has Had Groin Surgery" thread.
    Ok you got me, I was reading in both windows, nobody actually said he had Surgery, but there are several mentioning of Jimmy being injured and missing time and I'm sure most the chatter was started after the Jimmy had surgery thread. It's good though, everyone is tracking Jimmy being hurt and being out.
    Bottom Line this is not a bad pickup. In fact I like it going forward with the teams we play and the timing routes being key for the Offenses of the Manning's and even the Steelers. He is a big body and hopefully if he sees the field after getting familiar with the system he will be jamming at the line and disrupting that timing

Blog Entries

For that matter, used properly, Walker wasn't as bad as his "Walker PI" reputation--his forte was jamming slot receivers but he got pressed into service on the outside where the opponents' best WRs would beat him like a rented mule.
    True Walker was a physical DB, most of time to physical.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    I Like this signing.

He's big, fast (jury's still out), can play ST, and has pretty decent expereince at CB.

Sounds like his problems in oakland started as physical and morphed to family-related. Hopefully the physical problems are behind him and he's found some peace with his loss:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...son/index.html
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...4-1ff4188f9379

Agreed..... seems like he can contribute! Ravens sometimes have a way of polishing a gem... let's hope this is another one!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Johnson was a decent corner, good press corner in oakland played along side Nmadi for while actually thought he played harder than nmandi, seen a lot of afc west games living out in denver. he's pretty big corner too, at 33 don't know how speed he's got left.

That would be deliciously different! Actually saw a little pressing from Chykie and Corey Graham vs. Oakland. IMO the latter has proven a valuable signing as things have played out thus far
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 11-17-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    He'll [Cary Williams] be playing eight yards off, so someone else will catch the money.
    Touche, good sir!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!