Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

Are some of you serious?

LeBron doesn't have defining moments? How about when he scored the last 23 points for the CAVS in Game 5 against the Pistons @ The Palace when he was only 22? With ZERO help, while the Pistons had a nice squad who only two years earlier won a championship. That preppeled him to his first NBA Finals and without him on the team the CAVS would have finished last that year.

Or in 2011 when he scored the last 11 points to close out Boston in Game 5. And then SHUT DOWN the MVP Derrick Rose 4-1 in the Eastern Confrence Finals.

Or when he won his 3rd MVP trophy in 4 years?

And he carries the Heat. They have NO ONE consistent behind the big 3 and Wade and Bosh can be very irrelevant at times.

LeBron can post you up, drive you to the rack, bang a shot in your eye, dunk on you, fade away on you. He's the ultimate basketball player and the greatest to ever play. He is unstoppable.

Talent wise Lebron may already be the best. Legacy wise he's top 10. In terms of being a complete player, only Magic Johnson is even in the conversation in my book.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Talent wise Lebron may already be the best. Legacy wise he's top 10. In terms of being a complete player, only Magic Johnson is even in the conversation in my book.
    agreed. I always throw Magic and The Big O as two of the best players of all time. Hard to compare eras regardless but theyre more complete players than a Kobe or even Jordan, imo. Their legacies however are less. Seems theres 2 debates in one whenever talking about "the best".

ESPN threw up another stat on the ticker that LBJ has the highest scorign average in games 7s... of all time. something like 34 pts. Id say that should be included in the "clutch" conversation.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 06-03-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    LeBron can post you up, drive you to the rack, bang a shot in your eye, dunk on you, fade away on you. He's the ultimate basketball player and the greatest to ever play. He is unstoppable.
    Magic and Jordan are the greatest to ever play...it's not even close.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Magic and Jordan are the greatest to ever play...it's not even close.
    The fact that there's even a conversation putting Lebron there would signal it is in fact close, no matter if you think so or not

Blog Entries

There does seem to be an obsession with comparing Lebron to past players. People will argue he is or he isn't. I'm just gonna enjoy the game tonight ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There does seem to be an obsession with comparing Lebron to past players. People will argue he is or he isn't. I'm just gonna enjoy the game tonight ;)
    I agree and this should be a hell of a game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I hope the Heat win for no other reason than I don't want to hear 6 months of are the Heat over, is Lebron over rated, is Wade no longer a great player etc. etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I hope the Heat win for no other reason than I don't want to hear 6 months of are the Heat over, is Lebron over rated, is Wade no longer a great player etc. etc.
    Already a lot of talk about what they Heat will do with the roster if they don't win. And Lebron could score 80 but if they lose he'll get the critics.

Gotta love a game 7 - one team moves to the championship series, one team is left to second guess

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Already a lot of talk about what they Heat will do with the roster if they don't win. And Lebron could score 80 but if they lose he'll get the critics.

Gotta love a game 7 - one team moves to the championship series, one team is left to second guess
    Yup, you can't fix stupid.

Here's hoping for an exciting end to this series but I'm afraid the heat are going to roll tonight. Won't even be close. Indiana won't be able to match the intensity and energy the heat and their fans are bound to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Here's hoping for an exciting end to this series but I'm afraid the heat are going to roll tonight. Won't even be close. Indiana won't be able to match the intensity and energy the heat and their fans are bound to bring.
    I don't see a close game but I'm not sure if it will be the Heat or the Pacers. I think it will be a double digit victory but the Pacers have shown to be the better TEAM so far.