Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: more QB stats

more QB stats

Which Raven's QB now has the highest passer rating for the season and for a single game?

Which Raven's QB now has more TDs than INTs?

Which Raven's QB now has thrown for more than 2 TDs in a game this year?

I'll say this for McNair, he lasted one more game than I thought he would. I had 5 in the "when does he get knocked out" pool.

FHRaven

Re: more QB stats

Oh please. Boller was LUCKY that Clayton was paying attention today or everyone here would be trashing him.

Overthrown passes, drive killing INTs, and unforced fumbles. Sure sounds like the same old Boller to me.

Interesting. When McNair needs a heavy wind off the lake for Stover to win a game it's okay.

When McNair throws horrible INTs (again today) it's okay.

When McNair needs the Defense to lock an opponent down so he can win a game it's okay.

When a WR makes a great play on poorly thrown McNair pass it's still counts.

When McNair trips and fumbles it's the Oline fault.

QB ratings only matter when it's not Boller posting a good #.

Please, can we quit with the hypocrisy on this board regarding Boller? If Boller was so bad why did the offense FINALLY start moving the ball and scoring points? How many long drives for TDs did this offense have before today?

FHRaven

Interesting. When McNair needs a heavy wind of the lake for Stover to win a game it's okay.

When McNair throws horrible INTs (again today) it's okay.

When McNair needs the Defense to lock an opponent down so he can win a game.

When a WR makes a great play on poorly thrown McNair pass it's still counts.

When McNair trips and fumbles it's the Oline fault.

QB ratings only matter when it's not Boller posting a good #.

Please, can we quit with the hypocrisy on this board regarding Boller? If Boller was so bad why did the offense FINALLY start moving the ball and scoring points? How many long drives for TDs did this offense before today?

FHRaven
    Speaking of hypocrisy...you give Mac no credit for the come from behind wins, but every bad thing this O has done is his fault?

All I am saying is that they have both stunk it up and todays FLUKE from Boller doesn't change that. Nice that you have chosen to ignore Boller's INT, overthrown passes, and unforced fumble. He did NOT have a good game today. Mark Clayton did.

I dunno. One QB had FOUR passing yards until he was replaced. One QB moved the chains. Irregardless, neither can finish drives, and the OL just continues to look like ass. So what does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I dunno. One QB had FOUR passing yards until he was replaced. One QB moved the chains. Irregardless, neither can finish drives, and the OL just continues to look like ass. So what does it matter?

That's kinda where I am Stinger. It doesn't seem that we can get it done regardless of who the QB is.

I'm actually half tempted to take Mobtown off the ignore list just to see what he has to say over here.

Let's see if I can guess.

"Boller was lucky on all three TD passes. McNair has never had a lucky break."

"Boller sucks and we would have won that game if McNair had played."

"Boller cost us this game because of his INT when we were close enough for a field-goal."

I'm not going through the trouble to check myself, so Sting if you could tell me how close I am...

Thanks pal.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I'm actually half tempted to take Mobtown off the ignore list just to see what he has to say over here.

Let's see if I can guess.

"Boller was lucky on all three TD passes. McNair has never had a lucky break."

"Boller sucks and we would have won that game if McNair had played."

"Boller cost us this game because of his INT when we were close enough for a field-goal."

I'm not going through the trouble to check myself, so Sting if you could tell me how close I am...

Thanks pal.

0 for 3.
    Last edited by Mobtown; 10-15-2006 at 06:11 PM.

That's kinda where I am Stinger. It doesn't seem that we can get it done regardless of who the QB is.
    I had that thought a couple of times today.

Darb, I can't begrudge him the TD's today. They were lucky. And I'll contend luck is part of the game, but I totally get Mobtown's point today. But I will say that you can't fault Boller for the loss, and I think he showed a lot of guts and did what McNair can't seem to do yet; move the chains. It was encouraging if nothing else.

How can anyone in fairness say McNair looked "horrible today.? He only had four passing attempts before he got hurt.
    He was in the game for three series and had 4 Yards of passing total. And one of those throws was a horrible interception when Heap was almost wide open on the side. Or did that play totally skip your memory? Nevermind, don't answer that.

For all you know he could have thrown three or four TD passes the rest of the game with zero picks.
    BASED ON WHAT EVIDENCE THIS YEAR???

You know what, welcome to the ignore list Oldfan part 2.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear the crowd's positive reaction to Boller entering the game. I think these message boards give a distorted view of our fan base. Everyone that I know stated the obvious: Boller looked very good.

There was no question that today we saw the best passing performance of the season. We should stay with the hot hand; moreover, Mcnair is an old 33 - very old :bag: - and obviously injury prone. Let him rest for a couple months to allow the injuries to heal and get him ready for one of his comeback drives during the playoff run in December.

I'd like to see Boller again in the next two games, because we will need every point we can get after Brees and Carson introduce themselves to Sumari Rolle.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear the crowd's positive reaction to Boller entering the game. I think these message boards give a distorted view of our fan base.
    Actually there was an article about it on the Sun site tonight.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...home-headlines

Boller, who was often booed for not moving the offense as the starter, received an unexpectedly warm reception.

"It was awesome," said Boller, who was 17-for-31 for 226 yards and three touchdowns. "The fans in Baltimore are great. At times, they're frustrated, but they deserve to be frustrated. All I can do is go out there and give my best and try to move the ball."

Boller did that against the Panthers, engineering two fourth-quarter touchdown drives that kept Baltimore close.

His performance drew praise -- from both sidelines.

"He came in confident," said tight end Todd Heap. "The whole time, sitting behind Steve, he's been a professional. And he's prepared every week like he was playing, and nothing was different today. He came in and knew what was going on and he was very sharp."

Mark Clayton, who caught two touchdown passes from Boller, said, "We know what Kyle's capable of and we're behind him 100 percent. ... We know that he can come in and he will win games."