Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Midget Offense in Full Display

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    No problem. If anyone cares to explain what is so absurd about the OP, and not just type "LOL" and "OMG," then we can have an adult conversation about it. How about that?
    Nothing absurd about the OP. Just his first comment on Brady not being elite.

OP's logic, any good QB not drafted high is a system QB! Kurt Warner was never elite, there was a reason he was never drafted....Montana 3rd rounder he is a scrub.

He doesn't have to be very accurate with the deep ball because he can hit a dime with the nose of the football from 20 yards and in. That combined with his extremely high IQ of what opposing defenses are doing make him one of the greatest of all time. You dont win multiple Super Bowls in a decade with a system quarterback.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Nothing absurd about the OP. Just his first comment on Brady not being elite.
    But I granted several times he is "elite." The fact that I use quotes is because I think this word is abused and overused, and I do not like it. It's just a label. Nobody knows what "elite" means, except, apparently, the talking heads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    You dont win multiple Super Bowls in a decade with a system quarterback.
    Knowing which plays the opposition is running sure helps, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    He's now about 230 and his arm has above average strength.
    Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    When Moss joined the Pats, Brady threw 50 TDs. And he didn't do it by dinking and dunking all the time.
    Brady's a 1st ballot HoF'er.
    Randy Moss made Daunte Culpepper look like a HOF'er. So I don't think that's a great argument.

The reason Brady is a HOF'er, in addition to the tainted rings, is the dink-and-dunk offense. I don't think there can be any doubt about that.

The reason Joe Montana is a hall of famer, is because of the dink and dunk offense.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

8. Re: Midget Offense in Full Display

I am probably biased towards Brady, but take a look at our WR and overall roster in 2006. Tom was a Reche Caldwell drop away from taking us to the superbowl. The 2003 team didn't have a legitmate #1 WR and Antowain Smith was the RB.

But I granted several times he is "elite." The fact that I use quotes is because I think this word is abused and overused, and I do not like it. It's just a label. Nobody knows what "elite" means, except, apparently, the talking heads.
    Well if you don't know what the word means or much less like using it, then don't use it. I guess from now one we'll call guys like Brady, Brees and Rodgers good okay?

iggyman555 Guest

I beg to differ, Brady is considered to be an "elite" QB in this league, but that's because he plays in a system that maximizes his skills, which is great accuracy in short passes and uptempo play. Brady is not an accurate passer over 15 yards, and he does not have the strongest arm. Again, there's a reason scouts bypassed him coming out of college. But he found a coach in NE who literally made him into "elite" byndeveloping this dink-and-dunk offense system, with fast smallish receivers.

The Ravens, I should say the Ravens and the Ravens crowd, finally got to him in those last two drives, and that's what won the game.
    brady wasnt accurate over 15 when they had moss?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The reason Joe Montana is a hall of famer, is because of the dink and dunk offense.
    Playing with #80 did not hurt his cause, did it. But yes, Montana was a great QB. Not Unitas-great, but probably the second best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    brady wasnt accurate over 15 when they had moss?
    Randy Moss made Daunte Culpepper look like a HOF'er.