Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Tim Tebow signs with the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I wonder sometimes if you say some of the things you do just to be a contrarian, or if you actually believe it.

Forget about the fact that coaches and/or sports writers or whoever convinced you it was a myth for a second. Explain to me why a known cheater would sign a fringe player from the team they are playing in the coming week on Monday, have them there for all 3 practices during the week, then cut them the day before the game.
    examples please.

I'm with Houston on this one. Nothing to be gained from doing so, not beyond what can be learned in other ways,could it POSSIBLY expedite the process a small bit? MAYBE.

Blog Entries

The Jets have a new OC and whole new offense this year; they're not going to get info from a backup that was on the team last year. This is about a gamble to see if they can create a role for TT, not about the Jets

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I wonder sometimes if you say some of the things you do just to be a contrarian, or if you actually believe it.

Forget about the fact that coaches and/or sports writers or whoever convinced you it was a myth for a second. Explain to me why a known cheater would sign a fringe player from the team they are playing in the coming week on Monday, have them there for all 3 practices during the week, then cut them the day before the game.
    If you want to keep thinking players are poached for inside intelligence, please feel free to do so. Just know you're categorically wrong.

And the absence of why Belichick signed Tebow doesn't prove you're theory in any manner. That's a rather obvious fallacy. The reasons why he signed will be evident once the season starts and it will have zero to do with intel or information.

As others have accurately pointed out, there's a new OC there anyway. The only info he can provide at this point is if the Jets pizza at their trading facility is any good.

Admittedly, I play the contrarian to stir up conversations. Thats not the case here. If you continue to post here, you're going to find that many fan myths are busted here because the football IQ amongst our members is very high and pwns that of the average sports radio program or ESPN.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 06-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

All in all, I expect this to be another failed Free Agency signing by Belichick, not that Ozzie hasn't had a few of his own.

This is not going to work. Nobody's even came close to explaining how it will.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That depends mostly on Tebow, I think. If he's willing to be a roleplayer in Bellichick's schemes, I think it's going to work out very well for both parties.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    That depends mostly on Tebow, I think. If he's willing to be a roleplayer in Bellichick's schemes, I think it's going to work out very well for both parties.
    Playing what role though?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Wildcat QB/ H-Back/ Short yardage/ passing down fullback/whatever Bill wants.

He's a beast. He's a bigger, stronger, more versatile, possibly faster Danny Woodhead. You think the Jets regret not using Woodhead to his abilities and cutting him? I do.

Blog Entries

Can he catch?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Wildcat QB/ H-Back/ Short yardage/ passing down fullback/whatever Bill wants.

He's a beast. He's a bigger, stronger, more versatile, possibly faster Danny Woodhead. You think the Jets regret not using Woodhead to his abilities and cutting him? I do.
    Tebow 40: 4.71
    Woodhead 40: 4.33

Tebow isn't close to being as fast as Woodhead. Woodhead is a short, shifty and fast, totally different players. The TEs Tebow has been compared with are all bigger, faster and have actually played the position. H-back may be his best fit, but he's neither experienced or a physical freak. 4.71 is not an impressive time for today's TEs and h-backs.

I don't see this ending well for him.

Blog Entries

It doesn't seem that he can catch. It doesn't seem that he'll be able to hit the hole with the necessary explosiveness. I doubt his blocking will be up to par. Unless Brady goes on IR, Mallett is traded and Belichick swallows his pride to run the same read-option he annihilated when Tebow was in Denver, I don't see this going far.

I think he will succeed as a modified wildcat QB. Goal line, short yardage, personal punt protector, etc. I see no reason he won't. Again, I reiterate that it is my belief that he is the best short yardage runner since Mike Alstott. I think Bellichek will hide his weaknesses and highlight his strengths. He can certainly throw better then Ronnie Brown. IF he can catch/block at all, he can make some noise in an H--back type role.

Blog Entries
    I don't expect him to make the final roster but it will be fun to watch if he does. Who would you rather face first and goal, Brady or Tebow?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!