Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Kyle Juszyzck...I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Not to mentiont hat his whole salary was guaranteed by his inclusion onthe week 1 roster, a salary that is mostly offset agaisnt the cap...
    same with Bajema; I thought for sure they would wait until after the first game before the brought him back. Now they are here to stay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Believe me, I love Juice. I started the thread on him when they drafted him; best FB in the draft. I think they have a plan for him or they wouldn't have brought him in. They're just not going to force it if he's not ready
    I'm sure they WANTED to call Juice's name but forgot how to pronounce it without the name-tag he had on at Rookie OTAs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I think that the team(as a whole) was not ready to roll out the plays that would involve Juice yet. YOu can't just substitute Juice in for Dickson or Clark or Leach and expect success. He is a different kind of player, with a different mix of skills, and if you don't effectively use plays that cater to those skills/strengths then I don't think you will be happy with the results. I think, when he is ready, as is the rest of the team, we will see them roll out a special subset of plays, ran for a drive at a time, or soemthing to that effect, to see what the guy can do. But if it's not a subset of plays that has him lined up all over, blocking and catching, inside and outside the hash marks, then it won't be all that successful. he is NOT Leach, he is NOT Clark, he is Juice and must be used accordingly, adn doing so on the fly, mid first game of the season is hard.
    The Ravens aren't ready to roll out any of their big plays
    yet. Wait til they get to the division rivals. They were just
    fooling around and still scored 27 pts while Denver threw
    everything they had at them.

Manning didn't do that well in the freezing cold in February
    and won't again next FEb, especially if they get us again and
    our D has been playing together for a while.

Ravens always gain momentum and speed toward the end
    of the regular season heading into the POs.

Blog Entries

John's not going to panic. He's going to give the veterans the respect of giving them every opportunity to keep their job. Dickson and Clark will both get opportunities the next two games. If they struggle in the next two games, which are at home, I could see Harbaugh promoting Furstenburg AND getting Juice more involved.

Plus, I think Harbaugh understand the longevity of the season. You don't want the young guys getting too many snaps early and faltering in the postseason, which is where the Ravens expect to be.

They will be in sooner rather than later.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Ex,

That is probably true and I can understand that. However, that does not mean the coaching staff should not let the young players in the game for a couple of plays here and there...

We should not wait until an injury to see what a player can do for us (ie: Torrey Smith and Marlon Brown--jury still out there on him, but I think he will develop nicely).

I understand that this is about respecting the veterans, but we are in a "what have you done for me lately" business. If a veteran isn't cutting, it is time to see what those young guns can do for us. We should not wait more than a week or so out of respect for the veterans.

Furthermore, we should not automatically give the newly signed veterans a spot from the get go (i meant game days) unless the veterans are significantly better than the competitor(s).

Because even though he went to Harvard, maybe he still hasn't got the entire playbook down pat.

LOL. He went to Harvard, so he MUST have the entire playbook down already :grbac: One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

Blog Entries

Like Fatso of the Baltimore Colts said, I went to college to play football, not get an
    education.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-08-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    LOL. He went to Harvard, so he MUST have the entire playbook down already :grbac: One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.
    Why is it so ridiculous? I don't think Harvard let just any and anybody in there right? To suggest he hasn't got the playbook down yet is ridiculous in itself because they are given the playbook even before OTAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Why is it so ridiculous? I don't think Harvard let just any and anybody in there right? To suggest he hasn't got the playbook down yet is ridiculous in itself because they are given the playbook even before OTAs.
    You'd be surprised by the academic double standard when it comes to athletes in the Ivy's.

There aren't going to be a lot of drastic changes for game two. There will be adjustments, but anything drastic would signal to the players that the coaching staff is panicking, made personnel mistakes and doesn't know what it is doing. They have to have the trust and confidence of the players, not the fans. If the drops continue, you'll see change take place over time, but not after one game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    There aren't going to be a lot of drastic changes for game two. There will be adjustments, but anything drastic would signal to the players that the coaching staff is panicking, made personnel mistakes and doesn't know what it is doing. They have to have the trust and confidence of the players, not the fans. If the drops continue, you'll see change take place over time, but not after one game.
    OTOH, the most important (& difficult) step in solving a problem is admitting that you have a problem in the first place. Not saying that needs to happen instantamundo, but if this team struggles vs the Stains at home (dawghelp'em if they lose to them, which IMHO is a real possibility when the FS's new nickname is Puff The Tragic Dragged-Along) the writing will be on the wall for everyone with eyes to read...