Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    I am not sure who you were referring this to; nonetheless, I believed that I acknowledged some of the coaches?
    I wasn't addressing it to any one member.

Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh

I'm not on board with firing Harbs i think he's a good coach, but he's about as flexible as our " in game adjustments" like the our two numb nuts coordinators. He needs to accept certain things and stop trying to go with things that are not natural.

Blog Entries

Billick moment??? There is only one Billick moment, that was him raising the Lombardi.

Something our JV Head Coach will never do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Mckinney needs to start at LT its a better option that Oher, which would free KO to LG and Oher back at RT the strength of KO would help Birk tremendously along with yanda.
    Have you seen McKinnie's effort when he has actually seen the fieid?

He's whiffed on more blocks more often than Mark Reynolds whiffed on breaking balls this summer.

Sorry, but I have to disagree here. McKinnie of last year, I would agree. McKinnie of this year, no chance. He's basically already checked out for the season.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 12-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Harbaugh, with a team with a rookie QB and the most players on IR in the league, led his team to the AFC Championship game. On the whole thats a lot more impressive than one 3-point victory.

Tomlin clearly has the hardware to back up his skills but damn sometimes Ravens fans have short memories.

I remember that. I also remember his rookie qb being the starter, not 3rd string. I also remember him losing 3 times to Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I remember that. I also remember his rookie qb being the starter, not 3rd string. I also remember him losing 3 times to Tomlin.
    Hmmm I seem to remember Kyle Boller being the #1. And then he got hurt. And then I remember Troy Smith being the starter. Who then got tonsilitis. Then I remember the 3rd QB (Flacco) being named the week one starter.

But that doesn't fit your narrative of Harbaugh being inept and Tomlin being all-powerful does it? You pointed out one example of Tomlin performing a good coaching job (one game mind you). Then I point out a protracted example of a good coaching job over an entire season and you refute it with "WELL HE DIDN'T BEAT TOMLIN AND DIDN'T DO IT WITH CHARLIE BATCH SO HE STILL SUCKS." :grbac:

Again, short memories. Tomlin's a really good coach. Harbaugh is a good coach too. They can both be good coaches, it's not one or the other.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 12-04-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Hmmm I seem to remember Kyle Boller being the #1. And then he got hurt. And then I remember Troy Smith being the starter. Who then got tonsilitis. Then I remember the 3rd QB (Flacco) being named the week one starter.

But that doesn't fit your narrative of Harbaugh being inept and Tomlin being all-powerful does it?

Again, short memories.
    I dont remember Boller or Smith was a named starter during week 1? With that said, Flacco was supposedly third in the depth chart, but he wasn't come the season.

As for Harbaugh led the team to an AFCC, I guess he did since he was the head coach. Seriously, you are going to give him that much of a credit? His coaching staff did a pretty good job that year, but him? really?

I dont remember Boller or Smith was a named starter during week 1? With that said, Flacco was supposedly third in the depth chart, but he wasn't come the season.

As for Harbaugh led the team to an AFCC, I guess he did since he was the head coach. Seriously, you are going to give him that much of a credit? His coaching staff did a pretty good job that year, but him? really?
    You're right about being prior to Week 1 but still, Flacco was the third string QB and forced to play.

So why give Tomlin credit for any good season he has? He doesn't call plays. He has he same roles as Harbaugh.

And sorry, usually when a coach comes into a 5-11 team and takes them to the playoffs and AFC for the first time since 2000, he usually gets a little credit. Who hired that coaching staff who did such a good job? Who changed a culture of 1 winning season followed by 1 losing season into a consistent contender?

Jeez, I'm not even the biggest Harbaugh guy but it's astounding how much history people willfully ignore because they want each coach/player to fit into their own perspective of how good they are.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 12-04-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Granted, you have a point there.... He certainly did change the culture...

As one of the posters mentioned, perhaps he isn't the kind of coach that will take us to the promise land?

I don't know.

I just wanted to draw the attention to Harbaugh rather than Cam. I meant, Cam has his shares, but Harbaugh should feel the heat from us.

I am especially frustrated that we still do not trust our biggest playmakers when we have a solid lead.

Like virtually every fan, I am not satisfied with going to the playoff annually. Sure, playoff is a big deal as not every team has that opportunity, especially 4+ years in a row. It is time for us to get over that hump, at least please.
    Last edited by Random Thoughts; 12-04-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: add the last two sentences.

Granted, you have a point there.... He certainly did change the culture...

As one of the posters mentioned, perhaps he isn't the kind of coach that will take us to the promise land?

I don't know.

I just wanted to draw the attention to Harbaugh rather than Cam. I meant, Cam has his shares, but Harbaugh should feel the heat from us.

I am especially frustrated that we still do not trust our biggest playmakers when we have a solid lead.
    You might be right. I don't know if he is that guy. But I certainly don't diminish his past successes because he can't seem to get us over the hump. A lot of posters want to throw his WHOLE career under the bus because the team is lacking right now. Especially when people say "Harbaugh could never do what Tomlin just did" when he has actually done MORE impressive things in the past (beating the Titans in the playoffs 2008 with that team is a lot more impressive than beating the Ravens with Batch in a reg season game, for example) That's not fair and not accurate.

Blog Entries

You might be right. I don't know if he is that guy. But I certainly don't diminish his past successes because he can't seem to get us over the hump. A lot of posters want to throw his WHOLE career under the bus because the team is lacking right now. Especially when people say "Harbaugh could never do what Tomlin just did" when he has actually done MORE impressive things in the past (beating the Titans in the playoffs 2008 with that team is a lot more impressive than beating the Ravens with Batch in a reg season game, for example) That's not fair and not accurate.

So beating the Titans because of a missed fg is more impressive than going to two Superbowls? Ummmmmm. Ok.

Blog Entries

I don't give a shit what Harbaugh's legacy is, his record, or how he looks on Wikipedia when the fans of whatever sorry ass team he ends up coaching for in another 4 years is.

What I do know is he has pissed away 5 years of immense talent with zero command of what the fuck is going on on gameday. If we are winning, cruise control. Unless the talent of the team overcomes we certainly don't out game plan ANYONE.