Page 285 of 333 FirstFirst ... 283284285286287 ... LastLast
Results 3,409 to 3,420 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @mzenitz: Versatile FSU FB Lonnie Pryor said he had an informal meeting with the #Ravens yesterday. Could be a late round option or priority UDFA

Precursor to leach getting released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Ravens also signed a PS FB from the Bills a few weeks back, and were interested in a FB at the senior bowl from Wake Forrest. I think the writing's on the wall.

It will be a sad day for me, maybe he should retire and save the hassle. If he retires, I can keep this name.

Blog Entries

The Ravens met with Oday Aboushi. Oday said he spoke with Moeller. Aboushi really struggled at the senior bowl.

Please don't listen to that drunk idiot Ozzie!

I know the Ravens aren't really looking at RBs, but since you all seem to be very plugged into the draft I was wondering what you guys thought of Le'Veon Bell as a prospect?

Funny thing--I haven't lived near where I grew up in over a decade, but I was watching an MSU game earlier this year, and they mentioned Bell was from the town adjacent to where I grew up. Googled him and found out that he actually graduated from the same high school I went to, which probably makes him the single best athletic prospect ever out of my hometown...

Blog Entries

Levon Bell is a massive back, 6'1, and 230 lbs. He reminds me of Michael Bush. Ozzie is always going to take the BPA, and he could be a potencial pick in the 4th round. Ozzie even said that he will consider adding more depth at RB.

Blog Entries
    @AdamSchefter: Joe Flacco's agent Joe Linta and Ravens are scheduled to meet today regarding a new contract. Both sides want this deal done by March 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Levon Bell is a massive back, 6'1, and 230 lbs. He reminds me of Michael Bush. Ozzie is always going to take the BPA, and he could be a potencial pick in the 4th round. Ozzie even said that he will consider adding more depth at RB.
    He won't be there then. I would be shocked if the Steelers don't take him in the 2nd, 3rd at the latest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    He won't be there then. I would be shocked if the Steelers don't take him in the 2nd, 3rd at the latest.
    The Steelers wont be taking another power back, when they already have Johnathan Dwyer and Issac Redman on the roster. I could see them taking Lacy, but that's about it in terms of a cant miss power back type pick in the 2nd round.

Ha--hope he doesn't wind up at Pit. I'd hate to have to hate the kid... Thanks leach.

Blog Entries

The Steelers wont be taking another power back, when they already have Johnathan Dwyer and Issac Redman on the roster. I could see them taking Lacy, but that's about it in terms of a cant miss power back type pick in the 2nd round.
    Honestly I don't see much difference between the two. I might even say Bell has more moves than Lacy. The Steelers may not take him, but I would think he'd be gone before he would be a good value (based on need) for us.

I agree with this. I think the Steelers will be looking for more of a "complete" back who can take a carry the distance or pound it between the tackles as necessary. They really need a "feature" guy, not just a pounder. I see Bell being primarily a "pounder" in the NFL.

If I were the Steelers FO I would target Giovani Bernard out of NC or Mike Gillislee out of Florida in the 2nd; or Jonathan Franklin out of UCLA in the 3rd. They could even take more of a pure speed guy like Andre Ellington or Kenjon Barner.

I really don't think power back is a need at all, if the Ravens are going to come out of the draft with a RB at all it will be a "gadget" type player who can add a breakaway speed element to the backfield. The Ravens have power, shiftiness, good blocking, and good pass catching out of their RBs, but they don't have a true speedster.

Part of the reason why Tavon Austin looks like such a good pick is because he can play Darren Sproles at times and line up in the backfield to take a handoff, and the defense has to honor him getting to the edge and turning on the jets or even breaking one straight between the tackles. Theo Riddick, Robbie Rouse, and Chris Thompson out of FSU are those kinds of guys in the late rounds.

Blog Entries

Never said a power back is a need at all either. Ozzie doesn't draft for needs though, especially when it's a 4th round pick.